Frequently Asked Questions by Parents

Where is your office located?

College Center Room 234

How can I contact your office?

(440) 366-4058


How does my son/daughter register with your office?

First, your son/daughter must apply for admission into the college. Please have the student complete an application from Enrollment Services.

  • Apply Online
  • Pick one up from Enrollment Services located at Learning Center Room 169.
  • Check if the Guidance Office at your son/daughter’s high school has applications.
  • Please note: If the student plans on using financial aid, it is important to get the paperwork completed by going to


My son/daughter has completed an application and has a student number. May we register with your office? What paperwork do we need?

Yes, they may begin the process. All students entering LCCC will have their transcripts sent to the college. If your son/daughter has an IEP, this would also be a good time to request copies of their IEP and MFE or ETR. They will need both of these documents when meeting with the Learning Specialist.

If your son/daughter has had any testing done (other than through the school district) or is being seen regularly by an outside licensed professional, a Verification of Disability form will be needed. This form can also be found on our website. It will need to be filled out and signed by the licensed professional.

The more information you can provide us with, the more we can assist the student by providing appropriate accommodations.


What types of accommodations are provided at the college level?

This will vary from student to student. Your son/daughter can expect to receive educational coaching from highly qualified specialists and counselors. Many times exploring assistive technology and resources available through the college, such as tutoring and taping of lectures, is very beneficial to students. Assistance, such as extended testing time, will be explored with the student during the intake session.


I have always been very involved in my son/daughter’s academic life. What will this look like at the college level?

We are happy that your child has come from a supportive environment. Once the student is admitted to LCCC and has come to request services, he or she is our “client”. Under FERPA guidelines, he or she may decide to sign a Consent Form allowing communication between you and our office. This form can be found on our website or can be completed during the intake session.


My son/daughter is concerned about being identified as a student registered with the accessibility office. Will other students know? How will the professors know? Will their diploma look different?

One of the great things about being a college student is that the student is in control. The student can choose to whom and how much information will be disclosed. Once the accommodations are put into place, the student will be responsible for meeting with the instructors to privately discuss what the accommodations will look like in that course.
The diploma will not say anything about being registered with our office.


We are nervous about this transition from high school to college. What if my son/daughter has questions about classes, instructors, homework, and new friends?

Change is always a little bit scary. We can assure you that your son/daughter will be surrounded by the tools to help them succeed at LCCC. Many students registered with Accessibility Services think of our office as a “home base”. It is a friendly place where they can come when they need assistance. If we do not know the answer to their question, we will connect them with the person or office that can help.