If you’re taking the placement assessment, register first with Accessibility Services by following the steps in Getting Started with Accessibility Services.
Private Testing Room
- Private testing rooms are reserved at least 3 business days in advance by making arrangements with Accessibility Services by phone at (440) 366-4058, email email@example.com, or complete the online form.
- Please note that during finals week, our testing rooms are heavily booked and it is recommended that you schedule your testing room at least 2 weeks in advance.
- All Testing and Assessment Center (TAC) rules apply to Private Testing Rooms.
- If you are not able to make your scheduled testing time, or if you have chosen another testing option, such as the testing center, please alert the Accessibility Services staff prior to your testing time. Showing up late for your testing appointment or not showing up at all could result in your testing room being given to another student, or even termination of private testing room accommodations if repeated consistently.
To request a private testing room online, complete the form below:
Monitoring of Testing
All testing rooms are equipped with video cameras to protect the integrity of the testing process.
Tests for classes
- If you have extended time for testing, you will need to remind the instructor 3 business days in advance of every test or quiz (your Accommodation List is also good for quizzes) that you would like to take your test with this accommodation. This gives the instructor time to make any necessary arrangements like getting your exam to the Testing and Assessment Center, etc.
- If separate room testing is an accommodation on your Accommodation List, please reserve your room at least 3 business days in advance by making arrangements with Accessibility Services by phone at (440) 366-4058, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete the online form.
- You may also decide that the Testing and Assessment Center (TAC) meets your need for separate room testing and choose to test there. Refer to the Testing and Assessment Center’s site for guidelines: Testing and Assessment Center
Student Rules and Responsibilities
- All Testing and Assessment Center (TAC) rules apply to Private Testing Rooms,
- You are responsible for keeping track of the time on your test/exam. For in-person testing, the TAC will record when you pick up and drop off the exam. If 1.5x is an accommodation on your Accommodation List, make sure you confirm with your instructor how much extra time that means for you.
- If you have extended time and one of your courses has a lecture/lab sequence with a test given during lecture time and a lab after, you will want to discuss with your instructor how you can get the extended time consideration and not miss the lab that follows.
- Any time conflict needs to be discussed with your instructor.
- The student Code of Conduct will be enforced.
- Cell phones are not allowed in the testing area.
- No children are allowed in either the testing area or in the adjacent areas.
- Students will not be allowed to leave the testing area until the test is completed.
- Students must follow instructor guidelines for the test. No changes will be made at the point of testing without instructor permission.
- Students should come prepared with pencils, paper, calculator, or other material they need to take the test.
- The staff cannot accept homework, extra credit assignments, etc. The student is responsible for turning in such materials to their instructor.
- Students must complete their tests before the scheduled closing time.
- For example, if open hours are between 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. and you are taking a three-hour test, it is your responsibility to start your test by 9:30 a.m. to ensure that your test will be completed by 12:30 p.m.
- All tests will be collected at the scheduled closing time. No exceptions will be made. Please confirm TAC hours at 440-366-7773 or 440-366-7654 or check Testing and Assessment Center.
On the day of testing
- Students must present a picture I.D. such as an LCCC student I.D. or driver’s license to the TAC.
- Students who are taking their test in Accessibility Services will pick up the test in the TAC and bring it to Accessibility Services in CC234.
- After completing a test, students are required to return the test to the TAC staff, sign out, and retrieve their belongings.