Did you step away from LCCC during the coronavirus pandemic?
Up to $2,000 in Support is Available to Resume Your Education at LCCC
During the COVID-19 pandemic, LCCC students and our local community experienced multiple disruptions to everyday life. From juggling kids’ school schedules, employment impacts and changes, and financial strains, our LCCC students have certainly shown resilience despite challenges during the pandemic.
We know our students have been faced with difficult choices regarding their progress towards a certificate or degree.
If you needed to step away from LCCC due to the pandemic (Spring, Fall or Summer 2020), we are committed to automatically providing you with up to $2,000 in support to help you resume your education with LCCC. As a prior member of the LCCC community, we also want to remind you we can assist with access to food, emergency aid, career clothing for internships and interviews, and other resources to help you while enrolled.
These automatic funds will be directly provided to you, and are designed to ensure you have everything you need to resume your studies:
- Tuition (complete this form to give us permission to apply to your account)
- Technology purchases (view our recommended list here)
- Internet and utility bills
- Supplies and other resources
- Childcare, rent, food, and other personal/living expenses
If you need additional resources beyond what is provided automatically, we encourage you to connect with the Advocacy and Resource Center (ARC)’ Emergency Aid at any time so we can learn more about your situation and needs and provide the resources to help you return to the LCCC campus community in Summer or Fall 2021.
If you stepped away from LCCC prior to Spring 2020 and wish to return for Summer or Fall 2021, we can still help you with these needs. LCCC has the resources to assist any student in returning and making progress towards their academic goals. Return by connecting with your Academic Advisor.
Balance Forgiveness for Adult Learners (attending prior to COVID-19)
LCCC welcomes back adult learners who have made some progress towards a certificate or degree, but needed to step away for a period of time. LCCC also recognizes that prior balances may present a challenge for some adult learners to return to meet their educational goals. If you are a former student who meets the criteria below* and owes a balance to Lorain County Community College, you may be eligible for assistance in returning back to school.
- 2.5 GPA at LCCC
- Intention to enroll in at least 6 credits for the term currently open for registration
- Intention to complete a certificate or degree
- Meet one of the following criteria:
- Support your own child
- Are a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Are over 24 years of age
Students who return to LCCC after an absence are also strongly encouraged to apply for resources and assistance using both the FAFSA (access to federal financial aid) and through the ARC.
- Call Felicia Mitcheff (440) 366-4818 or complete the interest form below and schedule an appointment to meet with assigned academic advisor to create individualized degree completion plan.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit completed Commodore Comeback Application, and Student Agreement along with the registration form (you’ll receive this at your advisor meeting) to LCCC Enrollment Services or Records Office.