The LCCC Writing Sample, Accuplacer, and Anatomy and Physiology Placement Assessment and Prep can be taken remotely.
Before You Begin
You will need:
- An LCCC student identification number. You are assigned a Student ID number when you complete the online application process.
- A computer that meets the system requirements listed below.
Retesting will require a new voucher request form. Testing fees will apply to students who take Accuplacer for other college or university.
Testing deadlines to enroll are the same as the Enrollment Process deadlines.
You must complete Accuplacer in one sitting. There is no option to “Save and Finish Later.”
The Writing Sample Instructions provide you with information about how to access and submit the writing sample.
(If you already have a MyCampus account, skip to the next step)
What you will need:
- Student Number (you do not need the leading zeros)
- Last four digits of your social security number
- Zip Code
Create your MyCampus Log In:
- Visit the LCCC home page, http://www.lorainccc.edu.
- Click the link for MyCampus in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click “Create Student Password” just below the log in box.
- Follow the instructions provided. Be sure to make note of your username and password.
Need Help Creating your MyCampus Account? Contact the Help Desk at (440) 366-4351 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access the writing sample course
- To log in use your LCCC MyCampus username with your student email address (example:L.email@example.com)
- You will use the same password that you set up for your MyCampus log in.
Need Help With Canvas? Contact the LCCC eLearning office at (440) 366-7582 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In Canvas, Click ‘Enroll Course’ on the right-hand side.
- Click ‘Go to The Course’.
- Select ‘Start Here!’ at the top of the page.
- Once you have read the directions, click the ‘Next’ button on the lower right-hand corner of the box to go to the next page.
- In the ‘Writing Sample Assignment and Submission Area,’ read the instructions carefully.
- Next, click ‘Start Assignment’ and being the writing sample using Microsoft Word or, if you do not have word, use the text box provided. Be sure to format paragraphs appropriately.
Once you have submitted your writing sample, our English faculty will grade the essay and send the score to your advisor in 24 - 48 hours. To receive your score, please contact Enrollment Services to set up an advising appointment.
Contact Enrollment Services at 440-366-4023 or schedule an appointment online with you’re academic advisor.
For additional assistance or questions regarding your scores, contact Enrollment Services at 4403-366-4032.
Accuplacer (Reading and Writing) Testing
Accuplacer is offered through Examity. Please review the system requirements and follow the instructions below.
Examity® System Requirements
- A desktop computer or laptop (not a tablet, Chromebook or cell phone).
- A working, built-in or external webcam and microphone. Troubleshoot problems with your webcam or microphone at: Webcam Check.
- Internet speed of at least 2 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload. Hot spots are not recommended. Determine your internet speed by running a test at Speed Test.
- Run an Examity Computer Requirements test at Computer Readiness Check.
Accuplacer with Examity Students Quick Guide
Accuplacer Remote Testing Instructions
- Fill out the Accuplacer Virtual/ Remote Test Voucher Request form.
- Wait for an email response from Accuplacer with your 8-digit voucher number. Do not attempt to test without the voucher number.
- Register for online proctoring by selecting “Lorain County Community College - US” from the drop menu. In the event you need to reschedule or cancel your test, follow the instructions to do so on this account.
Note: Examity uses the term Voucher Number on their testing appointment notes, it is not the same as a Accuplacer Voucher Number.
- After receiving your 8-digit voucher number from Accuplacer, make your testing appointment through Examity. You should select the “Schedule Exam” page and the complete your profile (if necessary) then go back to schedule exam.
- Select Institution Name: “Lorain County Community College - US” Exam Name - Accuplacer.
- Choose your requested date and time from the calendar option. The time you are choosing is your local time zone (the time zone you selected when registering).
- Enter the Accuplacer voucher number that was issued to you via email.
- Continue with the final instructions given (including payment if taking for other college or universities).
You will receive a confirmation email with instructions for your online-proctored placement test. Please keep this email as it includes specific instructions to test on the date and time you have chosen.
Anatomy and Physiology Placement Assessment and Prep
This preparatory course will help you prepare for and place into (if you have not already satisfied the course entry requirements) BIOG 221 Anatomy and Physiology I. Access the Anatomy and Physiology Placement Assessment and Prep Course.
Contact Information for Questions or Assistance
Dr. Meghan Andrikanich, A&P Prep coordinator
Virtual/Remote Testing Contact Information
Please contact the Testing Center staff with any questions at email@example.com. Our staff will reach out to you as soon as possible. For additional testing information, please visit the Testing Center website.
Accuplacer (Examity) Technical Support is available on Examity dashboard as well as Examity Chat on Accuplacer Testing Pages. Contact the Examity student support center at (855) 392-6489.
Please contact your academic advisor if an Accuplacer assessment referral is required. If you don’t have an assigned advisor, call 440-366-4032 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need accommodations due to a disability, please contact Accessibility Services, email@example.com for assistance in starting the process.