Residency Frequently Asked Questions
Rules and Things to Consider
The following describes our policy Regarding Ohio and/or Lorain County student residency for state subsidy and tuition surcharge purposes (as required by Ohio law for in-state and by the District Board of Trustees for in-county).
- LCCC is obligated to the Ohio Department of Higher Education and the citizens of Lorain County as determined by the College Board of Trustees to uphold all rules and requirements of residency for tuition purposes.
- All applicants and current students requesting a change of fees to in-state or in-county must complete an Application for Residency Tuition Status Change and provide acceptable proof of residence and source(s) of income.
- The form must be submitted and approved prior to the first official day of the term for which reclassification is being requested.
- By state law and college policy, reclassification will not be retroactive for any previous term(s). Applications received after the start of a term can only be considered for the following academic term.
- A change to a Lorain County address does not automatically change residency status. Applications are submitted to the Enrollment, Financial and Career Services division.
Learn More and Questions
To learn more about Ohio regulations related to residency for tuition purposes, refer to the Ohio Revised Code 3333.31 and Ohio Administrative Code3333-1-10.
If you have questions about the residency petition process, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page or contact the Records Office at (440) 366-4067.