LCCC is a Great Place to Start
If your goal is to earn a bachelor’s or master’s degree, LCCC is a great place to start. You can complete the first years of your education at LCCC at our lower tuition rate and then transfer your credits to another college or university to earn a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
Will your classes transfer?
If you plan to transfer your LCCC credits to another college, the receiving institution will need to evaluate all credits and make the final determination. If you’d like to get an idea of how your courses might transfer to other colleges, online tools like Transferology can help give you an idea. This nation-wide network is designed to help students explore college transfer options.
Preparing to Transfer
If you intend to earn LCCC credits to transfer to another college or university, be sure to plan ahead:
- Identify the institution where you intend to transfer to earn your bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- Meet with an LCCC advisor to discuss your education and career plan.
- Meet with an advisor from college or university to which you plan to transfer.
- Plan a course of study (working closely with the advisor at the college where you plan to transfer) that will meet the requirements of a degree program at the receiving institution.
- Work with your advisors to determine which LCCC courses you can take to satisfy those degree requirements.
Many of the courses in the applied degree programs transfer easily to Ohio public colleges and universities, so this is a simple and cost-effective option. If you complete two years at LCCC, you’ll typically earn an associate of arts or associate of science degree from LCCC before transferring.
Be sure to contact the institution you want to transfer to early to identify their transfer policies or procedures.
Individualized Transfer Plans
If your academic goals are not reflected in our University Partnership programs or our transfer agreements, you are strongly encouraged to meet with a counselor to develop your own Individualized Transfer Plan (ITP). An ITP is tailored to your own needs, curriculum and academic background. To create an ITP, please make an appointment with a counselor at (440) 366-4033 or (800) 995-5222, Ext. 4033.