LCCC offers varsity athletics programs in women's volleyball, women's basketball, women's fastpitch softball, men's basketball, men's baseball, and men's & women's cross country.
The varsity athletics program abides by the rules and regulations adopted by the National Junior College Athletic Association and the Ohio Community College Athletic Conference.
Intercollegiate Athletics Requirement Forms
These forms must be completed before the start of the season.
Student Eligibility Information
- have received a high school diploma or GED
- during the first term, be enrolled and maintain 12 credit hours
- during the second term, be enrolled & have passed 12 credit hours with a minimum 1.75 GPA or better.
- during the second Season of Participation, have successfully completed and passed 24 credit hours with a 2.0 GPA or better.
Phone: (440) 366-7346
Women's Fastpitch Softball
Coach: Ryan Minney
Phone: (440) 610-4618
News & Announcements
by Ken Hoffman
November 29, 2017 — The Lorain County Community College women’s basketball team only trailed by 13 at the half against a talented and quick Lakeland Community College squad, but Lakeland turned on the after-burners in the second half and ran away with a 100-54 homecourt victory over the Lady Commodores on Wednesday evening, November 29..
Lakeland used a big third quarter, 35-6, to nail down the victory, improving to 7-0 overall. Aryana Jackson topped all scorers with 23 points.
LCCC had a trio of double-figure scorers: sophomore guard Carrie Carlson scored 15, sophomore forward Angel Blakely tallied 14 and freshman guard Hannah Oehlstrom added 13 with a game-high 11 rebounds.
While LCCC only shot 34.5%, Carlson converted 6-of-10 shots including 3-of-4 from three-point range.
“I was proud of the way our team played in the first half,” Head Coach Vince Granito stated. “You have to tip your hat to Lakeland; their athletic talent took over in the second half,” Granito added.
LCCC is 3-6 for the season and will travel to Edison CC on Saturday, December 2, for a 1 p.m. tip-off.
Congratulations to the following LCCC Student-Athletes who earned Awards during the 2015 Cross Country Season:
- Alycia Mathis – NJCAA Cross Country Coaches Association Scholar All-America; DIII All-Region Cross Country Team Honors
- Ryan Cassity – NJCAA Cross Country Coaches Association Scholar All-America
- Brendan Kilbane – DIII All-Region Cross Country Team Honors
- Alexandros Nicolaou – DIII All-Region Cross Country Team Honors
- Austin Osbourne – DIII All-Region Cross Country Team Honors
Lorain County Community College is pleased to announce nine LCCC student-athletes have earned Academic All-Ohio Community College Athletic Conference (OCCAC) and four LCCC student-athletes have earned National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Academic Student-Athlete Awards for the 2015-16 season.
NJCAA ACADEMIC AWARDS winners must have completed two full-time semesters and a minimum of 24 credit hours. There are three different levels of NJCAA individual academic achievements.
NJCAA Superior Academic Achievement (cumulative GPA between 3.8 and 3.99)
- Brandi Holowecky
NJCAA Exemplary Academic Achievement (cumulative GPA between 3.6 and 3.79)
- Emily Capers
- Zachary Minney
- Kady Whitsel
Academic All-OCCAC Awards (cumulative GPA at least 3.30 with at least 24 credit hours
Volleyball led the way for LCCC with four student-athletes on the list. The student-athletes that achieved this honor in 2015-16 are:
- Emily Capers, Basketball, Oberlin
- Ryan Cassity, Cross Country, Elyria
- Shane Derricotte, Baseball, Amherst
- Brandi Holowecky, Soccer/Basketball, South Amherst
- Haley Looney, Volleyball, Amherst
- Emily Mandoke, Volleyball, Elyria
- Zach Minney, Baseball, Wellington
- Mikayla Walbom, Volleyball, Vermilion
- Kady Whitsel, Volleyball, Sheffield Lake
Congratulations to these LCCC student-athletes for their outstanding academic accomplishments!
Congratulations to the following LCCC Student-Athlete who earned All-American honors during the 2016 Baseball Season
- Sam Kessler – NJCAA Third Team All American
Lorain County Community College is pleased to recognize our student-athletes that earned High Honor Roll (GPA of 3.5 or better for Fall semester or cumulative) and Honor Roll (GPA of 3.0 or better for Fall semester or cumulative) for the 2014 Fall semester. There were a total of 7 student-athletes earning High Honor Roll and 8 student-athletes earning Honor Roll. Women’s Basketball lead the way with 4 students earning Honor Roll recognition, with Volleyball leading the way on the High Honor Roll with 3 players. Both Volleyball and Women’s Basketball had a total of six students on both honor rolls.
Congratulations to the following LCCC Student-Athletes who earned Awards during the 2015 Basketball Season:
- Kevin Jenkins – All Conference 2nd Team
- Ouddi Hamdan – All Conference Honorable Mention
- Onyx Lopez – All Conference Honorable Mention
Congratulations to the following LCCC Student-Athletes who earned Awards during the 2015 Volleyball Season:
- Kady Whitsel – All-American 1st Team; Regional Tournament MVP; Region/District All Tournament Team; All-Conference Team
- Maryssa Kellick – NJCAA DIII Nationals All-Tournament Team; Region/District All Tournament Team; All-Conference Honorable Mention
- Sammie Anderson – Region/District All Tournament Team
- Lindsay Eisbrenner – Region/District All Tournament Team
- Emily Mandoke – All-Conference Team