Understanding Section Numbers
Each course has a section code and a unique course number.
Always click on the class Section link when you search for a class – ie: Section P100-LEC(2442) . The link will connect you to a new page that contains the class description, class notes, and other valuable information.
There are four character spaces in each section code.
The first character in the class section:
ie: Section P100-LEC(2442)
The first character is coded as follows:
- P = In person/ student attends class on a campus
- W = On-Line/Web Class
- O = Online Live – Web-conference style courses meet at designated times. Students are required to be present online at the designated times.
- B = Blended Class (50% On-Line/Web and 50% In person)
- V = Videoconference Class
- Q = This on-campus class is video-conferenced to an offsite location
- 1 = day time lecture (beginning before 4 p.m.)
- 4 = afternoon or evening lecture (beginning on or after 4 p.m.)
- 6 = lab (must be scheduled with a lecture)
Special codes at the end of the section number:
R = Remote site. Remote sites are not on main campus and may indicate one of LCCC’s Learning Centers.