Lorain County Community College has established email accounts for all credit students as a primary mode of communication between the college and its students. The LCCC email
system is to be used primarily for communications related to the students’ academic pursuits with the college.
- Student email addresses will be used as the students’ address of record in MyCampus. Students may use the system for personal communications. However, Lorain County
Community College reserves the right to inspect and disclose any information transmitted or received by the system. Violations of LCCC policies may be grounds
for suspension of email privileges and/or other penalties as determined by Lorain County Community College.
- Students may have their LCCC email messages electronically forwarded from their student email accounts to their personal email boxes. It is suggested that students utilize this feature to ensure that LCCC email communications are received in a timely manner.
- Students will be assigned an LCCC email account at the time they register for any credit course at LCCC. The student email account will remain active while the student attends classes at LCCC, and for one year after the end date of the last class. At that time, the LCCC student email account will convert to an LCCC alumni account. LCCC alumni email accounts are identical to student accounts, except that alumni accounts will include advertising from Google sponsors.
- LCCC email accounts will be assigned for non-credit students on request from the student or class instructor.
Lorain County Community College will consider students to be duly informed and in receipt of information that is sent to them by college administrators and faculty via the LCCC email
- Students must check their email boxes on a regular basis for timely receipt of information and announcements.
- Students must assume that email will be the only form of communication from LCCC. Information that in the past was sent through regular mail, including enrollment and
financial aid information may at some time be sent only via LCCC student email. At that time, students will be provided the option to continue to receive postal mail by
completing an “opt-in” form available from Enrollment Services.
- Students must maintain the storage space of their email boxes to be within the space limitations of the system to ensure that all LCCC email communications are received.
While utilizing the LCCC email system for any communications (public or personal), students may not:
- send any information, links or other content that Lorain County Community College considers to be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful or otherwise objectionable;
- send any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware.
- infringe on the intellectual property rights or similar rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights and trademarks of any person or entity;
- contain any information that does not conform to LCCC’s policies, including Student Code of Conduct and Campus Code of Conduct;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, federal, or international law in any manner.
For questions about your Lorain County Community College email account, contact the LCCC Help Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 440-366-4351.