Join us for a virtual Career Connections Week with topics including resume assistance, the University Partnership (UP) program, academic programs, transfer opportunities and employers. A career fair will take place Wednesday to Friday connecting students to employers for internships and jobs.
April 12-16, 2021
Virtual Event Via Zoom
All are welcome to participate in this event at no cost. Attendees can come to the parts of the program that fit their schedule or the entire series.
Career Connections Week Topics
Monday, April 12: Job Search Basics
One-on-one help creating a digital resume for the virtual career fair is also available.
Tuesday, April 13: Academic, Transfer and Career Pathways
The University Partnership team will share how to take classes from local colleges and universities through LCCC to earn bachelor’s or master’s degrees at a fraction of the traditional cost, as well as career options from partner colleges and employers.
Wednesday, April 14: Meet Local Employers
Local employers will host half-hour information sessions which will include a question and answer portion. Employers will also host virtual booths so that job seekers can drop a resume, as well as the opportunity to request personal interviews with employers. Community partners for the event include OhioMeansJobs, Lorain County JVS and Lorain County Urban League.
Thursday, April 15 and Friday, April 16: Connect with Academic & Career Resources
The virtual information booths and employer booths are available through the Career Link system through Friday afternoon. Students and jobseekers can engage with booths, drop off resumes, and request personal meet and greet appointment. Additional presentations from University Partnership schools and other educational providers will be held during this time as needed. Live assistance will be available through Zoom and by phone.
For more information, contact LCCC’s Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (440) 366-4076.
2021 Virtual Career Fair Participant Instructions
Getting Started for the Virtual Career Fair
- Make sure you register for the Career Fair through LCCC’s Career Link by Monday April 12. Navigate to your Events & Programs, and search for the 4/12/21 event.
- Get your résumé approved by Career Services by Monday, April 12. This may take a few drafts, so you should start this process a few days earlier. You can upload your resume through Career Link in “My Resumes.”
- Search employer profiles from your Career Link dashboard. In the red ribbon at the top of your dashboard, click “Search Employer Profiles” or click
- Visit “A Guide to the 2021 Career Connection Fair” to see the schedule of our virtual, LIVE events happening April 12 – April 16.
- Browse employers who are hiring and share your resume. See “Submitting Your Resume to request a one-on-one with an Employer”
- A few minutes before you wish to attend a session, use the Zoom link we emailed to all registrants from College Central (Career Link) to enter our Virtual Lobby. We will check you in, and get you into the correct room for your session. Note: Your name needs to appear in your Zoom profile (to guard against unauthorized attendees)
How to Meet with an Employer
- Search employer profiles.
Review employer profiles including their documents and videos to determine the employers you are interested in meeting/interviewing with.
- Share your résumé and/or portfolio with employers.
Starting on the first day of the event, you can submit your résumé and/or portfolio to the employers or to specific jobs you are interested in anytime during the event.
- Employers will review your documents.
Employers will review the résumé and/or portfolio you’ve shared. If an employer selects you to meet/interview, you will be notified via email to schedule the meeting date/time. You will also see an Alert! on your Dashboard. Use [Check Interview Status] in the Navigator to [Schedule] a date and time to meet with the employer. You may also select [Contact] to reach out to the employer via email to schedule a mutually convenient time outside of the event. Schedule your meeting date as soon as you are notified because the employer’s availability may fill up!
- Prepare for the meeting/interview with the employer.
Practice your elevator speech and brainstorm questions you would like to ask the employer about their workplace and/or the opportunity. It is also a good idea to practice responses to common interview questions so you will be prepared for the meeting. Support is available from Career Services throughout the event via our Zoom lobby.
- Join the meeting.
On the scheduled date/time, use [Check Interview Status] to [Join Meeting] and be connected with the employer via video conference using Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet or GoToMeeting.