Get real-world experience for the job you want.
Your education involves far more than what your learn the classroom. It’s never too early to get real-world experience and a jump start on your career. Consider replacing your current job with a paid full or part-time internship or engaging in some other type of real world experience. Having practical experience in your field of study is one of the best ways to get the job you want after graduation. Every student attending LCCC should take advantage of such a valuable opportunity to:
- Gain career related personal and professional skills, knowledge and experience which is valued by employers
- Get connected! A whopping 86 percent of employers seek to hire students with internships on their resume. More than 71 percent of students are now completing internships to better compete in the job market.
- Earn college credit. As an enrolled student in Work-Based Learning you can earn up to 3 credit hours for your internship experience.
- And you get PAID! Internship students average $10 to $13 an hour.
Review current positions on Career Link
Requirements for Internships
- Enrolled in an approved program at LCCC or Partnerships
- Completed at least 12 credit hours with a minimum 2.0 GPA
Other Opportunities to Gain Experience
Get Started Today
Our career experts are available to help you identify your career path, prepare you for job search, and help you land the job that’s right for you. Because internships do not always fit the college’s academic calendar, students can register for an experience throughout the semester. There is no reason to wait and miss a great opportunity to work and learn for some of the best companies in Lorain County and beyond.
Call today at 440-366-4076 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment so we can get to work making your dreams come true.
(Business, Engineering and IT disciplines) – October 11, 2017
Students meet with top employers to learn about current and future PAID full and part-time opportunities.
(all disciplines including Health and Wellness) – April 9, 2018
Students, alumni and the general public explore career options with more than 100 businesses and organizations in Northeast Ohio. Full-time, part-time employment and internships available.
Fall and Spring Experiential Learning Celebrations
December 6, 2017 and May 2, 2018
Celebrate the accomplishments of our LCCC/UP students related to internships, research, service learning, classroom projects and other valuable experiences. View student exhibits and hear their stories.