You need a well-trained workforce and our students and alumni need great places to work! Fortunately, LCCC is here to partner with you, to forecast and build the talent, to save you time and money and to help accelerate your success!
Recruiting LCCC Talent
Why Hire LCCC students or graduates?
LCCC offers over 1,500 applied associate degree programs and one-year or short-term certificate programs. Right from the start, students are receiving hands-on technical training valued in in-demand, competitive job market. We continue to support today’s higher education and advanced training with our University Partnership options where students can earn bachelor’s and master’s degrees from various Ohio colleges and universities.
Job posting site: Career Link
Promote your job and internship opportunities using our free online job board, Career Link, powered through College Central Network. A diverse talent pool of students, alumni and community members will have access to your postings. This system is very user friendly and simple to navigate.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Go to the https://www.collegecentral.com/lorainccc/ site
- Select “employer”, then “create an account”
- Fill in the general demographic questions
- Create an Access ID (shared by all company hiring managers)
- Your profile will be approved followed by an email allowing you to create your password (shared by all company hiring managers)
- From here you are free to post all open positions, internships, etc.
Whether you call yours an Internship program or a Cooperative Education program, essentially, these are paid, short-term learning experiences connected to students’ majors. The benefits of such programs are so valuable on both sides of the equation! By offering students real-world experience and training, you can help build your hiring pipeline and secure the future of your business.
How to start an Internship Program?
ROI – Return on Internship training available
For all event details please contact Career Services at 440-366-4076
- Internship Fair, TBA Fall 2018
- Business Tours, TBA
Other Campus Recruiting Options
- Promote in-demand careers through Lunch & Learn or evening meetings directly to selected programs and students
- Set up recruiting tables in Campus Commons or specific departmental buildings as needed. Career Services (440-366-4076) can work with you to promote your table event by posting your flyers and sending announcements to the student body.
No cost student hiring opportunities for non-profit organization are also available through federally subsidized employment program, the Federal Work-Study (FWS) program. Find more details about this program through this Community Service Contract June 2017, and apply for consideration by returning that document along with the agency application form to:
Cyndi McCabe, Job Placement Coordinator
Lorain County Community College
1005 North Abbe Road
Elyria, OH 44035
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or 440-366-7699.
If you are currently a community service Federal Work Study supervisor, please refer to the Student Employee Supervisor’s Handbook and the Hiring Process Checklist for Community Service Agencies, or contact Cyndi McCabe for assistance.
Business Growth Consulting
You need to hire and retain the best employees, and so we have partnered with the Lorain County Joint Vocational School to help you match candidate skills to your job needs. Business growth consulting services include:
- Job Analysis:To develop accurate job descriptions and establish requirements for newly created and evolving positions
- Pre-employment Testing:To identify skills gaps and determine training needs
- Personality Assessments:To determine if work style and motivations are consistent with the demands of the position
- 360 Degree Feedback:To document critical job performance data from an employee’s colleagues, direct supervisors, subordinates, and customers used as a starting point for employee development