Click on the topic to jump to the questions and answer below.



General Questions


How do I become a high school site College instructor (CCP)? 

First, talk with your high school administrators and express your interest.
Teaching requirements:

    • Faculty members teaching in Transfer/General Education must hold a Master’s in the Discipline or a Master’s and 18 cohesive graduate semester credit hours in the discipline
    • Faculty members teaching in applied areas must hold a degree at least one level above the degree level in which they are teaching

The LCCC academic dean identifies and assigns the appropriate faculty and course. The CCP hiring process begins.
HR provides a list of documentation that the academic division needs to distribute for a CCP Adjunct Faculty new hire. The packet of materials include:

    • LCCC Application
    • College Transcripts
    • Resume
    • FERPA Form
    • Unpaid Service Information Form–PAF (Note: HR uses this form to assign the LCCC ID Number)
    • Faculty Credential Form (CCP faculty complete the top section)
    • Licensure/Certification Form (if applicable)
    • The Background Check is completed by the high school

How do I know if a student is eligible for a specific College Credit Plus course? 

Students must complete the LCCC college readiness/placement assessment or submit ACT/SAT scores BEFORE they can be admitted to College Credit Plus. Students who place at Ohio’s Remediation Free Standards in at least one area will be admitted to LCCC. Placement into specific college courses will be determined by an LCCC college and career advisor. Students who do not place at the appropriate level will not be scheduled by LCCC and will be removed by their high school counselors from the high school site college class.

Who should be encouraged to apply for the College Credit Plus? 

When in doubt, every eligible student should apply so the option is open to them later in the year.

Can students that miss the April 15 (summer semester), June 15 (fall semester) and October 15 (spring semester) deadlines still participate? 

Late applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

What is the conversion formula for Carnegie Units to semester credit hours? 

Any 3, 4 or 5-credit hour college course equals 1 Carnegie Unit.

Can students participate in the College course for high school credit only? 

Ohio law does allow for a high school students to participate in the college course for high school credit only. This is done on a limited basis and students electing to do so must sign off on a high school form acknowledging that they are in the class for high school credit only.

Am I allowed to talk to parents about their child’s grades/performance in college classes while still in high school? What if he or she is a minor—do parents have rights? 

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) sets forth rules to protect college students’ privacy regardless of age. If a student is attending a postsecondary institution – at any age – the rights under FERPA have transferred to the student. However, in a situation where a student is enrolled in both a high school and a postsecondary institution, the two schools may exchange information on that student. If the student is under 18, and financially dependent (as evidenced by federal tax returns), the parents still retain the rights under FERPA at the high school and may inspect and review any records sent by the postsecondary institution to the high school. It is recommended that all students sign a FERPA General Release form.

Linked here is the FERPA General Release Form for high school students in college classes.

Will I be required to participate in professional development activities at the College?

State law requires the College to offer professional development opportunities to high school site college instructors. A schedule of opportunities is shared each year and throughout as new options are created.

Will my class be observed by a college academic dean? 

State law requires a classroom observation for high school site college instructors by academic deans or their designee for each unique course (not each section of the same course) taught by the high school site college instructor. i.e. only one College Composition course needs to be observed, however, if the same instructor teaches College Composition, Intro to Fiction and Intro to Poetry, each course needs to be observed.



How and when do I report attendance? 

Attendance rosters are posted in MyCampus at the start of the semester based on who LCCC has enrolled into the college course. Rosters need to be reviewed very carefully before attendance is submitted. Attendance will be reported in MyCampus approximately two weeks after classes have started. An email notification from the home division will specify when attendance reports will need to be completed, as well as, instructions on how to submit in MyCampus. If you have questions about whether a student is officially scheduled for a class, please call your liaison at LCCC or speak to your high school counselors.

What do I do if a student is not attending classes? 

LCCC’s catalog states: “Procedures governing class attendance at LCCC allow each faculty member to establish attendance regulations, which she/he deems necessary for her/his particular course. If attendance becomes impossible, students must officially withdraw from the course.”

Make sure that your attendance policy is clearly stated in your syllabus. You may call your academic dean for guidance if you feel that a student is violating your policies. CCP students are college students and should be treated as such.

Please send any students not on your LCCC class lists or attendance list to their counselors immediately to sort out the potential problems.

What do I do if a student is not abiding by my syllabus requirements? 

Students are required to follow the syllabus. If need be, contact the academic dean for recommendations on how to address.


Schedule Changes

How does a High School site CCP student make a schedule adjustment to their LCCC schedule? 

The student sees his/her high school counselor to discuss.

The high school counselor contacts their LCCC liaison and we will adjust the schedule (within the 1st two weeks of class only).

School Liaison List

When is it necessary to request a “withdrawal” instead of an “adjustment”? 

The schedule adjustment period lasts for the first 14 days of the course (regardless of where the course is taught) and will not appear on college transcript.

A course dropped after that period is a withdrawal and will be noted on the college transcript with a W.

The student will not earn high school or college credit for a withdrawal.

How does a student process a withdrawal from an LCCC course? 

Student must see high school counselor to discuss withdrawal ramifications and to fill out the College Credit Plus Intent to Withdraw Form with high school counselor.

Student presents a signed CCP Withdrawal Notice Form to LCCC career and academic advisor.

An LCCC Course Withdrawal Form is also completed by a LCCC career and academic advisor, which is then processed by LCCC.


Books and Lab Costs (for high school site land-based courses only)

When and how do I choose the books to use for my course? 

Contact the academic division (i.e. Science and Math or Arts and Humanities) at LCCC. To order books, please contact Tom Oates in the LCCC bookstore.  New book orders should be placed (ideally) by July 1 of each year.

What about desk copies? 

The appropriate academic division will provide you a teachers’ or “desk” copy. If you haven’t received your desk copy, call your division assistant.

Who keeps the textbooks at the close of the semester?

The textbooks are the property of your high school if the course is taught at the high school.

When and how will I get the books for the students in my classes? 

Contact your high school administration office.

Who is responsible for lab fees and lab consumables? 

State law does not allow the College or School District to charge students for labs or lab supplies. Some lab fees are significant ranging from $10 to $200 or more. According to the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) if the course is taught at an LCCC campus, LCCC is responsible for the lab, lab consumables and lab fees. If the course is taught at the high school site, the school district is responsible for the lab and lab consumable costs.



Do I need to enter midterm grades for my CCP students? 

No, CCP faculty teaching in the high schools do not need to enter midterm grades into the LCCC My Campus system.

How and when do I enter final grades? 

Each division sends out final grade entry instructions near the end of the semester. All grades must be entered into the college My Campus system by the deadline indicated in the instructions.


Canvas Learning Management System (LMS)

What is Canvas?

Canvas, LCCC’s online learning management system. Canvas provides web-based resources for all online, blended and web enhanced courses as well as many traditional face-to-face courses. In Canvas, students can view the course syllabus and assignments, check grades, turn in assignments and interact with the instructor and other students.

Am I required to utilize the Canvas Learning Management System? 

Even though most high schools have their own learning management system, the college requires all faculty to use the Canvas LMS to post syllabi, assignments and resources, and course grades. All CCP instructors should receive Canvas training prior to the start of their courses. Online faculty resources can be found by clicking here.


MyCampus (PeopleSoft)

What is MyCampus (PeopleSoft)?   

MyCampus is the online tool for students to register for classes, view grades, financial, scholarships and much more otherwise known as an ERP (enterprise resource planning system for businesses).


Campus Intranet (CampusNet)

What is the Campus Intranet?

The campus intranet is a secure web environment where employees can conduct college business and share information.

Login is required. You can access from any computer with an Internet connection.

Your user name is: lccc\{your network user name} (example, lcccr\mjones)

Your password is: your normal network password.


MyMail—Email for Faculty and Staff

Do I have an LCCC email account?

Yes! Log in with the same user ID and password that you use for CampusNet (see above). Important information is shared frequently via your LCCC email address. Please check it frequently or forward your emails to an account you check frequently.



Am I required to participate in the assessment of student learning outcomes? 

Adjunct faculty are expected to participate in the assessment of student learning and academic achievement. Faculty who teach any course will complete one General Education Assessment Record (GEAR) for each semester. The Infused Outcome and course section will be identified by your division dean at the start of the semester. Directions for completing the GEAR are posted on the Adjunct Web Page.



Is there a page online that provides resources for adjunct faculty? 

Please visit our adjunct faculty web page. This page contains valuable resources where you will find the answers to many of your questions. See log in information above.

Who do I contact about obtaining sample syllabi and other information related to the courses I will be teaching? 

Contact the academic division office for information and resources related to your courses. For each course you teach, the division will provide copies of textbooks, sample syllabi, course description and student outcome form, and other resources. This information should be sent to you prior to the start of the academic year.