Avon Lake College is an exciting opportunity for Avon Lake students to earn college credit while still in high school through a partnership with Lorain County Community College. Students taking advantage of the program have the opportunity to graduate high school with both an associate degree and a high school diploma, free of charge. Students may join the program at any time, and take advantage of customized 15 and 30 hour pathways. Most courses are taught right at Avon Lake High School, making Avon Lake College incredibly convenient for students.
In addition, students who successfully complete the program will automatically receive scholarship funds to finish a bachelor’s degree at Lorain County Community College through the University Partnership.
Courses offered at Avon Lake High School:
- ENGL 161: College Composition I
- ENGL 162: College Composition II
- ENGL 255: Introduction to Fiction
- ENGL 267: Children’s Literature
- BIOG 121: Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIOG 122: Anatomy and Physiology II
- PSSC 161: Earth Science
- CGSD 120: Introduction to Computer Games and Simulations
- HLED 156: Health and Wellness
- ARTS 151: Photography I
- ARTS 152: Photography II
- ARTS 275: Digital Photography
Click here to see the Avon Lake College 15 and 30 hour pathways.
Click here to learn more about Avon Lake College opportunities.
Click here to see the MyUniversity Pathways.
Avon Lake College provides a full high school and college experience, with ongoing academic and career advising. Your College Credit Plus Academic Advisor for the Avon Lake College Campus is: