Cardinal College is an exciting opportunity for Brookside students to earn college credit while still in high school through a partnership with Lorain County Community College. Students taking advantage of the program have the opportunity to graduate high school with both an associate degree and a high school diploma, free of charge. Students may join the program at any time, and take advantage of customized 15 and 30 hour pathways. Some courses are taught right at Brookside High School, making Cardinal College incredibly convenient for students. In addition, students who successfully complete the program will automatically receive scholarship funds to finish a bachelor’s degree at Lorain County Community College through the University Partnership.
Courses offered at Brookside High School:
- ARTS 243: Art History I
- ARTS 244: Art History II
- BADM 155: Introduction to Business Administration
- BIOG 151: General Biology
- BIOG 152: Human Biology
- CGSD 120: Introduction to Computer Gaming and Simulation Design
- CISS 121: Microcomputer Applications I
- ENGL 161: College Composition I
- ENGL 162: College Composition II
- ENGL 255: Introduction to Fiction
- ENGL 259: Introduction to Drama
- HSTR 161: United States I
- HSTR 162: United States History II
- MTHM 168: Statistics
- MTHM 171: College Algebra
- SDEV 102: Strategies for Creating College Success
- SPNH 251: Intermediate Spanish I
- SPNH 252: Intermediate Spanish II
- TECH 111: Technical Problem Solving
Click here to learn more about Cardinal College Campus opportunities for students.
Click here to see the Cardinal College 15 and 30 credit hour pathways.
Click here to see the MyUniversity Pathways.
Cardinal College provides a full high school and college experience, with ongoing academic and career advising. Your College Credit Plus Academic Advisor for the Cardinal College Campus is: