Pioneer College is an exciting opportunity for Elyria students to earn college credit while still in high school through a partnership with Lorain County Community College. Students taking advantage of the program have the opportunity to graduate high school with both an associate degree and a high school diploma, free of charge. Students may join the program at any time, and take advantage of customized 15 and 30 hour pathways. Some courses are taught right at Elyria High School, making Pioneer College incredibly convenient for students. In addition, students who successfully complete the program will automatically receive scholarship funds to finish a bachelor’s degree at Lorain County Community College through the University Partnership.
Courses offered at Elyria High School:
- AETC 111: Robotics/Automated Manufacturing
- SDEV 102: Strategies for Student Success
- FRNH 151: Elementary French I
- FRNH 152: Elementary French II
- FRNH 251: Intermediate French I
- FRNH 252: Intermediate French II
- SPNH 151: Elementary Spanish I
- SPNH 152: Elementary Spanish II
- SPNH 251: Intermediate Spanish I
- SPNH 252: Intermediate Spanish II
- ENGL 161: College Composition I
- ENGL 162: College Composition II
- MTHM 171: College Algebra
- MTHM 172: PreCalculus
- SOCY 151: Introduction to Sociology
Click here to see the Pioneer College 15 and 30 credit hour pathways.
Click here to see the MyUniversity pathways.
Pioneer College provides a full high school and college experience, with ongoing academic and career advising. Your College Credit Plus Academic Advisor for the Pioneer College Campus is: