Falcon College is an exciting opportunity for Firelands students to earn college credit while still in high school through a partnership with Lorain County Community College. Students taking advantage of the program have the opportunity to graduate high school with both an associate degree and a high school diploma, free of charge. Students may join the program at any time, and take advantage of customized 15 and 30 hour pathways. Some courses are taught right at Firelands High School, making Falcon College incredibly convenient for students. In addition, students who successfully complete the program will automatically receive scholarship funds to finish a bachelor’s degree at Lorain County Community College through the University Partnership.
Courses offered at Firelands High School:
- CHMY 161: General, Organic and Biochemistry I
- CHMY 162: General, Organic and Biochemistry II
- ECNM 113: Personal Finance
- HUMS 262: Introduction to Great Books: Ancient World to the Renaissance
- HSTR 161: United States History I
- HSTR 162: United States History II
- ENGL 161: College Composition I
- ENGL 162: College Composition II
- MTHM 168: Statistics
- MTHM 171: College Algebra
- MTHM 172: Pre-Calculus
- PLSC 156: American National Government
- BIOG 121: Anatomy/Physiology I
- BIOG 122: Anatomy/Physiology II
Click here to see the Falcon College 15 and 30 credit hour pathways.
Click here to see the MyUniversity pathways.
Falcon College provides a full high school and college experience, with ongoing academic and career advising. Your College Credit Plus Academic Advisor for the Falcon College Campus is: