Sailor College is an exciting opportunity for Vermilion students to earn college credit while still in high school through a partnership with Lorain County Community College. Students taking advantage of the program have the opportunity to graduate high school with both an associate degree and a high school diploma, free of charge. Students may join the program at any time, and take advantage of customized 15 and 30 hour pathways. Some courses are taught right at Vermilion High School, making Sailor College incredibly convenient for students. In addition, students who successfully complete the program will automatically receive scholarship funds to finish a bachelor’s degree at Lorain County Community College through the University Partnership.
Courses offered at Vermilion High School:
- BIOG 151: General Biology
- BIOG 165: Introduction to Ecology
- CISS 121: Microcomputer Applications I
- ENGL 161: College Composition I
- ENGL 162: College Composition II
- ENGL 255: Introduction to Fiction
- ENGL 257: Introduction to Poetry
- HSTR 161: United States History I
- HSTR 162: United States History II
- MTHM 171: College Algebra
- MTHM 172: Pre-Calculus
Click here to learn more about Sailor College Campus opportunities for students.
Click here to view credit pathways for Vermilion students.
Click here to view the MyUniversity pathways.
Sailor College provides a full high school and college experience, with ongoing academic and career advising. Your College Credit Plus Academic Advisor for the Sailor College Campus is: