Please enter your LCCC Student Number (if known).
Diversity Incentive Award Acceptance Agreement
I accept the Lorain County Community College Diversity Incentive Award in the amount of up to $4,544 per year during the Academic Years 2020 - 2021, 2021 - 2022, and 2022 - 2023. The award can be used for my tuition, fees, and books for courses in my associate degree program as well as LCCC courses within my University Partnership bachelor's degree.
In accordance to my acceptance, I agree as follows:
1) to complete the placement assessment process as defined in the LCCC Catalog to determine my eligibility to enroll in credit courses;
2) to complete a Career Boot Camp and/or Academic Counseling session prior to the start of the 2020 Fall Semester to ensure alignment of academic coursework with career goals;
3) to participate in an LCCC orientation session prior to the start of the 2020 Fall Semester;
4) to enroll continuously on a full-time basis (a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester) at Lorain County Community College beginning Fall Semester;
5) to complete annually the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and file the results with the LCCC Financial Aid Office;
6) to maintain an annual, cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better and meet or exceed the measurable progress standards for Title IV federal financial aid;
7) to consider working a job on campus for a minimum of eight (8) hours per week; and
8) to be assigned a mentor/peer advocate, make contact at least once a month, and allow LCCC to distribute my contact information to these entities.
I understand that because the Diversity Incentive Award is a last dollar award, the combined value of all federal, state, and private grants and scholarships will be applied to my direct education costs of tuition, fees, required textbooks and required supplies first. The LCCC Foundation funds will then be applied to cover gaps in funding to ensure the full value of the Diversity Incentive Award covers the cost of my tuition, fees, required textbooks, and required supplies.
I understand that if I lose eligibility for this award by not maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or better, by not maintaining LCCC's academic progress requirements or the measurable progress standards for Title IV federal financial aid, or do not enroll continuously, I can request reinstatement of my award through the submission of a Letter of Appeal addressed to the LCCC Scholarship Advisory Committee. The Committee will determine if award eligibility will be reinstated.
The availability of this award is contingent upon the sufficiency of appropriations from all resources and adoption of the appropriation resolution by the District Board of Trustees for each academic year covered by this offer. The terms and conditions of this offer are subject to modification by Lorain County Community College.