Please enter your LCCC Student Number (if known).
Trustee Scholarship Award Acceptance Agreement
I accept the Lorain County Community College Trustee Scholarship Award in the amount of up to $6,970 or the equivalent in-county cost of 60 credit hours, disbursed over the two-year academic period, 2020 - 2021 and 2021 - 2022, payable at the maximum rate of 15 credit hours per semester each year.
This scholarship does not cover special fees, lab fees or books.
I agree as follows:
1) to complete the placement assessment process as defined in the LCCC Catalog to determine my eligibility to enroll in credit courses;
2) to complete a Career Academic Counseling or Academic Advising session prior to the start of the 2020 Fall Semester to ensure alignment of academic coursework with career goals;
3) to participate in an LCCC orientation session prior to the start of the 2020 Fall Semester;
4) to complete annually the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and file the results with the LCCC Financial Aid Office;
5) to commence enrollment as a full-time student at Lorain County Community College beginning the 2020 Fall Semester;
6) to enroll continuously at Lorain County Community College each semester;
7) to maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.50 or better;
8) to complete at least 60% of the credit hours attempted. A completed credit hour is a grade of A, B, C, or D and a non-completed credit hour has a grade of F, U (Unsatisfactory), W (Withdrawal), or I (Incomplete); and
9) to be assigned a Student Success Coach, make contact at least once a month, and to allow LCCC to distribute my contact information to my coach.
I understand that because the Trustee Scholarship Award is a last dollar award, the combined value of all federal, state, and private grants and scholarships will be applied to my direct education costs of tuition, fees, required textbooks and required supplies first. The LCCC Foundation funds will then be applied to cover gaps in funding to ensure the full value of the Trustee award is met.
I understand that if I lose eligibility for this award by not maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 2.50 or better, or a minimum 60% completion rate annually, or fail to be continuously enrolled, I can request reinstatement of my scholarship award through the submission of a Letter of Appeal to the LCCC Scholarship Advisory Committee. The Committee will determine if scholarship eligibility will be reinstated.
The availability of this award is contingent upon the sufficiency of appropriations from all resources and adoption of the appropriation resolution by the District Board of Trustees for each academic year covered by this offer. The terms and conditions of this offer are subject to modification by Lorain County Community College.