Lorain County Community College is Northern Ohio’s premiere epicenter for culinary arts. Our Culinary Arts Institute is a valuable resource for business and industry leaders with professional development offerings, entrepreneurs with opportunities to expand their businesses and skill set, and community with occasions for personal enrichment and culinary entertainment.
Whether you are a foodie who wants hands-on instruction through entertaining cooking classes, a professional seeking to learn new skills or brush up on technique, an organization seeking team building activities, or industry looking for continuing education and certification, the LCCC Culinary Institute is the place for you.
Welcome to your next fun food encounter!
Connecting to Community
The Culinary Institute program has provided many experiences to community members, industry representatives, and organization from around the region. The experiences cover a broad span of areas-of-interest for all ages and skill levels, including but not limited to:
- non-credit, entertainment hands-on cooking class
- full day corporate team building activities
- curriculum based dining and hospitality service training and certifications
- culinary boot camps and health & wellness workshops for children and adults
- private event venue rentals for fundraisers, banquets, or social activities
- facility rental for regional and national industry gatherings and competitions
- licensed commercial kitchen space fully outfitted with professional-grade equipment ready for food production, prepping, and catering
- incubator kitchen space for food start-ups and entrepreneurs who are seeking resources, practical business tools and support (coming soon)
- and more.
Cooking Classes – Register Now!
Join LCCC’s award-winning chefs at the culinary arts institute for one of our many exciting adventures in culinary exploration. Topics for our cooking classes include a New England Clam Bake, Asian Stir Fry and Eggrolls, island cuisine, wine selection, gingerbread house-building, holiday baking, savory barbecue, and much more.
Register for Cooking Classes
Have something in mind, but don’t see it listed in our classes and events list? Let’s talk and see if we can make it happen. Contact our Conferencing and Dining Services at (440) 366-4100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Culinary Spaces
The Institute combines a love of food and fun with unique and engaging programs. Serving as home to the institute offerings is the Ben and Jane Norton Culinary Arts Center, a dynamic space featuring:
- Licensed Kitchen/Production Lab (Space: CU104)
- Sage & Seed Restaurant (Space: CU105)
- Lobby/Banquet Room
- State-of-the-Art Demonstration Kitchen Lab (Space: CU106)
- Licensed Bakeshop/Production Lab (Space: CU204)
- Licensed Kitchen/Production Lab (Space: CU205)
- 2 Classrooms
- Administration Offices
- Entrepreneurship opportunities coming soon…
Services for Business and Industry
LCCC’s industry and culinary professionals work with businesses and organizations in the food service and hospitality industry to provide specialized training, certifications and professional development.
Team building activities are available for organizations in all industries. What better way to strengthen your team than to create a fantastic meal while engaging in team building activities in the creation of a fantastic meal?
Contact us today and let us help you plan your professional development or team building experience.
Conferencing and Dining Services