Associate of Applied Business
Curriculum Code 0011
The Accounting Associate Degree program prepares graduates for employment as accountants in business, industry, and government. The program integrates software and the use of technology with various accounting concepts. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership.
For more information about this degree, please contact Claudia Lubaski at 440-366-7421 or email@example.com.
|Fall Semester (First Year)|
|ACTG 151||Accounting I – Financial||4|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|MTHM 158||College Mathematics > OR ****||3|
|MTHM 168||Statistics >|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||1|
Spring Semester (First Year)
|ACTG 152||Accounting II – Managerial >||4|
|CMMC 151||Oral Communications||3|
|CISS 121||Microcomputer Applications I||3|
|ENGL 162||College Composition II >||3|
Fall Semester (Second Year)
|ACTG 251||Intermediate Accounting I >||4|
|ACTG 267||Federal Income Tax Procedures Individuals >||4|
|BADM 165||Legal Environment of Business||3|
|FNCE 251||Business Finance >||3|
Spring Semester (Second Year)
|ACTG 252||Intermediate Accounting II >||4|
|ACTG 265||Cost Accounting > //||3|
|BADM 251||Principles of Management *** > OR||3|
|MKRG 251||Principles of Marketing >|
|Science with Lab Elective **||4|
|Total Credit Hours: 60/61|
1. > Indicates that this course has a prerequisite.
2. OR Indicates that a student may select either course, which may have an effect on the total credit hours.
3. * Electives: ACTG 161, ACTG 253, ACTG 287, BADM 211, or CISS 212. Students transferring to the Hiram College University Partnership Accounting Program and taking MTHM 168 should take either ACTG 253 or BADM 211. Students taking ACTG 287 may need 2 credit hours. Student transferring to the Hiram College University Partnership Accounting Program should take a humanity or fine arts course as an elective. Students intending to transfer should consult with the intended transfer institution or consult with an LCCC counselor or advisor for transfer information.
4. ** Science elective with Lab selected from the General Education/Transfer Module. Suggested science electives are: BIOG 151, BIOG 152, PSSC 153. (See current LCCC Catalog for other options).
5. *** Students transferring to the Hiram College University Partnership Accounting Program should take BADM 251.
6. **** Students transferring to the Hiram College University Partnership Accounting Program should take MTHM 168. Students transferring elsewhere should obtain transfer information from that institution.
7. // This course offers an opportunity for experiential learning.
8. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established Sept 1977
Revised Nov 2015
Effective Aug 2016