Associate of Applied Science
Curriculum Code 6350
The Wind Turbine Technology program encompasses a wide range of electrical, mechanical and computer skills required to compete in the emerging Alternate Energy- Wind Turbine Industry. Individuals will be prepared for a range of analysis, installation and maintenance assignments associated with the Wind Turbine industry. Typical job responsibilities will include Design, Testing, R&D, Service, Maintenance and Installation Assignments. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership.
For more information about this degree, please contact Duncan Estep at 440-366-7016 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Fall Semester (First Year)|
|ALET 111||Introduction to Alternative Energy||3|
|ELCT 111||Electrical Circuits I||3|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|MTHM 121||Technical Mathematics I >||4|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||1|
|TECN 111||Technical Problem Solving||3|
|Spring Semester (First Year)|
|AETC 121||Programmable Logic Controllers>||3|
|ALET 112||Alternative Energy Mechanical Systems>||4|
|TECN 121||Fluid Power||3|
|ENGL 164||College Composition II with Technical Topics>||3|
|MTHM 122||Technical Mathematics II >||3|
|Fall Semester (Second Year)|
|ALET 220||Wind Turbine Technology I>||3|
|ELCT 121||Digital Electronics>||4|
|ELCT 227||NEC & Electrical Systems Design ^^>||2|
|HLED 159||Wilderness and Remote First Aid >||2|
|PEFT 185||Ropes Course||1|
|PHYC 150||General Physics I >||4|
|Spring Semester (Second Year)|
|AETC 241||Instrumentation and Control >||3|
|ALET 221||Wind Turbine Technology II >||3|
|ELCT 211||Electrical Power and Devices >||
|Social Science Elective***||3|
|Arts and Humanities Elective **||3|
|Total Credit Hours: 65|
1. > Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
2. OR Indicates that a student may select either course, which may have an effect on the total credit hours.
3. * Indicates that this course has a prerequisite or may be taken concurrently.
4. ** Course selected from the following list: ARTS 243, 244, 245, 246, 254; ENGL 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 257, 259, 261, 262, 265, 266, 269; HUMS 151, 161, 261 262, 271, 274; MUSC 262; PHLY 165, 262; RELG 181, 261, 262; THTR 151.
5. *** Course selected from the following lister: HSTR 151, 152, 161, 162, 171, 252, 267; PLSC 156; PSYH 151.
6. ^^ Indicates a student may substitute from this list: Work Based Learning (ALET 287, 288 and/or 289) for the equivalent number of credit hours for this course.
7. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established March 2009
Revised April 2015
Effective May 2016