Associate of Applied Science
Curriculum Code 6211
Integration is a key word in advanced technologies: combining different automated equipment, such as robots, into coordinated systems that complete specific tasks like loading/unloading machines, sorting, inspecting, and assembling parts. The Automation Engineering Technologies degree will train students to be “Systems Specialist.” Concentration of abilities for installing and operating robots and other industrial material handling and processing technologies, as well as engineer and program equipment for systems integration. Graduates go on to become a systems design technician, factory sales/service representative, applications engineer, installation supervisor, systems integrator, or production supervisor. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership.
For more information about this degree, please contact Scott Zitek at 440-366-7024 or email@example.com.
|Fall Semester (First Year)|
|AETC 111||Robotics and Automated Manufacturing||3|
|CADD 111||Introduction to Computer Aided Drafting * OR||2|
|TECN 115||Industrial Blueprint Reading||2|
|ELCT 111||Electrical Circuits I||3|
|MTHM 121||Technical Mathematics I >||4|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||1|
|TECN 111||Technical Problem Solving||3|
Spring Semester (First Year)
|AETC 121||Programmable Logic Controllers||3|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|MTHM 122||Technical Mathematics II >||3|
|TECN 121||Fluid Power *||3|
|TECN 133||Mechanical Systems||3|
|Fall Semester (Second Year)|
|AETC 211||Workcell Interfacing >||3|
|AETC 223||Programmable Logic Controllers II >||3|
|PHYC 150||General Physics I >||4|
|TECN 131||Manufacturing Processes I *||3|
|Arts and Humanities Elective(s) **||3|
|Spring Semester (Second Year)|
|AETC 231||Flexible Manufacturing Systems >||3|
|AETC 241||Instrumentation and Control >||3|
|ELCT 211||Electrical Power and Devices >||4|
|ENGL 162||College Composition II >||3|
|QLTY 121||Quality Assurance Techniques (SPC) OR||2|
|TECN 211||Fluid Power Control Systems >|
|Social Sciences Elective(s)***||3|
|Total Credit Hours: 65|
1. > Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
2. OR Indicates that a student may select either course, which may have an effect on the total credit hours.
3. * Indicates that this course has a prerequisite or may be taken concurrently.
4. ** Courses selected from the following list: ARTS 243, 244, 245, 246, 254; ENGL 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 257, 259, 261, 262, 265, 266, 269; HUMS 151, 161, 261, 262, 265, 266, 269; MUSC 262; PHLY 165, 262; RELG 181, 261, 262; THTR 151.
5. *** Course selected from the following list: HSTR 151, 152, 161, 162, 171, 252, 267; PLSC 156; PSYH 151.
6. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established January 1990
Revised April 2015
Effective May 2016