Associate of Applied Business
Curriculum Code 0227
This program is designed to prepare individuals for transfer or employment in a variety of management/administrative positions. The focus of the program is skill building in the areas of communication, decision making, planning, organizing, evaluating and entrepreneurship. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership. Any student interested in pursuing a bachelor degree needs to check with the university to which he/she is transferring for course requirements.
For more information about this degree, please contact Anthony Cioffi at 440-366-7409 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Fall Semester (First Year)|
|ACTG 151||Accounting I – Financial||4|
|BADM 165||Legal Environment of Business||3|
|CISS 121||Microcomputer Applications I||3|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||1|
|Spring Semester (First Year)|
|ACTG 152||Accounting II – Managerial >||4|
|BADM 251||Principles of Management||3|
|ENGL 162||College Composition II >||3|
|MTHM 151||College Mathematics OR||3|
|MTHM 158||Quantitative Reasoning OR||3|
|MTHM 168||Statistics OR||3|
|MTHM 171||College Algebra *||4|
|Fall Semester (Second Year)|
|CMMC 151||Oral Communications||3|
|MKRG 251||Principles of Marketing >||3|
|PSYH 151||Introduction to Psychology OR||3|
|SOCY 151||Introduction to Sociology|
|Spring Semester (Second Year)|
|BADM 211||Business Communication||3|
|ENTR 200||Entrepreneurship //||3|
|ENTR 201||Entrepreneurship Finance OR||3|
|FNCE 251||Business Finance >|
|Technical Elective ***>||6|
|Total Credit Hours: 60/62|
1. * MTHM 171 is required for the partnership universities and most transfer institutions.
2. > Indicates that this course has a prerequisite.
3. OR Indicates that a student may select either course which may have an effect on the total credit hours.
4. ** Science Elective (must be with a laboratory if student is intending to transfer to a university partnership program.
5. *** To be selected from the following courses: ACTG 265, BADM 155, BADM 220, BADM 255, BADM 264, BADM 281 BADM 287 (must be taken for 3 credits), ENTR 203, MKRG 255, MKRG 256, PSYH 261 or PSYH 273. Six (6) credit hours are needed to meet the technical elective credit hour requirement. Students intending to transfer should consult with the intended transfer institution or with an LCCC counselor or advisor or faculty for transfer advice.
6. // This course offers an opportunity for experiential learning.
7. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established September 1967
Revised November 2015
Effective May 2016