Associate of Applied Business
Curriculum Code 6601
The Web Development Technology major prepares students for development, administration and support positions in the emerging digital economy. Students learn to design and develop Internet applications in a client/server environment. Additional topics covered include integrating Internet and enterprise-wide databases, middleware issues, building robust Internet applications, and designing dynamic web portals. A variety of elective courses are available to augment the program. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership.
For more information about this degree, please contact Mike Zellers at 440-366-4796 or email@example.com.
|Fall Semester (First Year)|
|CISS 121||Microcomputer Applications I||3|
|CISS 125||Operating System Interfaces *||3|
|CMMC 151||Oral Communications||3|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|MTHM 151||College Mathematics OR||3|
|MTHM 158||Quantitative Reasoning|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||1|
|Spring Semester (First Year)|
|CISS 160||Introduction to Programming in C# >||4|
|CISS 143||Database Design and Implementation >||3|
|CISS 216||Web Development >||3|
|MKRG 245||Social Media Marketing >||3|
|Science Elective (with lab)||4|
|Fall Semester (Second Year)|
|ACTG 151||Accounting I – Financial||4|
|BADM 155||Introduction to Business Administration OR||3|
|BADM 171||Introduction to E-Commerce|
|CISS 232||Scripting in the Client Server Environment >||3|
|CISS 243||Web Database Integration >||4|
|Spring Semester (Second Year)|
|CISS 145||Local Area Networks >||4|
|CISS 247||Systems Development >||3|
|PSYH 151||Introduction to Psychology OR||3|
|SOCY 151||Introduction to Sociology|
|Total Credit Hours: 60|
1. > Indicates that this course has a prerequisite.
2. OR Indicates that a student may select either course, which may have an effect on the total credit hours.
3. * Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite or may be taken concurrently.
4. ** Electives: CISS 215, 268, or CISS 287, 288, 289 for the equivalent number of credit hours to meet the technical elective credit hour requirement. Students intending to transfer should consult with the intended transfer institution, the Business Division, or with an LCCC counselor or advisor for transfer information.
5. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established May 2006
Revised January 2016
Effective May 2016