One-Year General Certificate
Curriculum Code 4105
The study of communication improves a student’s critical thinking, oral communication, and written communication skills. This course of study is valuable for professionals wishing to enhance their communication skills and for those intending to pursue the further academic study of communication. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership.
For more information about this certificate, please contact Tammy Bosley at 440-366-7098 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|CMMC 151||Oral Communications||3|
|CMMC 165||Interpersonal Communication||3|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|PHLY 174||Critical Thinking||3|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||1|
|Communication Elective *||3|
|ENGL 162||College Composition II > OR||3|
|ENGL 163||College Composition II with Special Topics > OR|
|ENGL 164||College Composition II with Technical Topics >|
|Transfer Module Elective**||3|
|Total Credit Hours: 31|
1. > Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
2. OR Indicates that a student may select either course which may have an effect on the total credit hours.
3. * Select from CMMC 152, 169, 175, 177, 254 or JRNM 151
4. ** Select from Transfer Module courses (see current LCC catalog)
5. Consult a counselor or your future transfer institution for advice in selecting electives that will apply to your major upon transfer.
6. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established January 2014
Effective May 2014