One-Year Technical Certificate
Curriculum Code 6111
The CAD Operator Certificate Program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and cognitive skills necessary for the competent performance as an entry-level CAD operator. Employment opportunities exist in a variety of manufacturing companies, such as automotive, steel, plastics, and others. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership.
For more information about this certificate, please contact Glenn Vasiloff at 440-366-7009 or email@example.com.
|CADD 111||Introduction to Computer Aided Drafting *||2|
|MTHM 121||Technical Mathematics I >||4|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||1|
|TECN 111||Technical Problem Solving||3|
|TECN 115||Industrial Blueprint Reading||2|
|TECN 131||Manufacturing Processes I *||3|
|Arts and Humanities Elective **||
|CADD 201||3D Computer Drafting > OR||3|
|CADD 212||Introduction to Pro/Engineer Modeling > OR|
|CADD 213||Introduction to SolidWorlds > OR|
|CADD 214||Introduction to Inventor >|
|CADD 235||Detailing and Dimensioning >||3|
|CAMM 111||Introduction to Computer Numerical Control > OR||2|
|ELCT 111||Electrical Circuits I||3|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|TECN 245||Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing >||2|
|Social Sciences Elective***||3|
|Total Credit Hours: 34/35|
1. > Indicates that this course has a prerequisite.
2. OR Indicates that a student may select either course, which may have an effect on the total credit hours.
3. * Indicates that this course has a prerequisite or may be taken concurrently.
4. ** Courses selected from the following list: ARTS 243, 244, 245, 246, 254; ENGL 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 257, 259, 261, 262, 265, 266, 269; HUMS 151, 161, 261, 262, 265, 266, 269; MUSC 262; PHLY 165, 262; RELG 181, 261, 262; THTR 151.
5. *** Course selected from the following list: HSTR 151, 152, 161, 162, 171, 252, 267; PLSC 156; PSYH 151; SOCY 151.
6. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established October 1990
Revised April 2014
Effective August 2015