Associate of Applied Business
Curriculum Code 6639
The Mobile Device Application Development major prepares students to design and develop applications for the mobile device market. Students learn to write applications for modern mobile platforms including the iPhone/iPad and Android (phone and tablet) devices. Students also learn to write web-based applications specifically targeted at mobile devices. Additional topics including database design, computer networking, and systems design complement the focus on mobile computing to provide the student with a well-rounded information technology education. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership.
For more information about this degree, please contact Mike Zellers at 440-366-4796 or email@example.com.
|Fall Semester (First Year)|
|CISS 121||Microcomputer Applications I||3|
|CISS 125||Operating System Interfaces *||3|
|CMMC 151||Oral Communications||3|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|MTHM 151||College Mathematics OR||3|
|MTHM 158||Quantitative Reasoning|
|SDEV 101||College 101||
|Spring Semester (First Year)|
|CISS 160||Introduction to Programming in C# >||4|
|CISS 145||Local Area Networks >||4|
|CISS 216||Web Development >||3|
|MKRG 245||Social Media Marketing >||3|
|Science Elective (with lab)||4|
|Fall Semester (Second Year)|
|ACTG 151||Accounting I – Financial||4|
|CISS 143||Database Design and Implementation >||3|
|CISS 226||Introduction to Programming in Java||3|
|CISS 264||Introduction to Android Programming >||3|
|PSYH 151||Introduction to Psychology OR||3|
|SOCY 151||Introduction to Sociology|
|Spring Semester (Second Year)|
|ACTG 152||Accounting II – Managerial >||4|
|CISS 247||Systems Development >||3|
|CISS 260||Introuction to iPhone/iPad Programming >||4|
|CISS 266||Advanced Android Programming >||4|
Total Credit Hours: 65
1. > Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
2. OR Indicates that a student may select either course which may have an effect on the total credit hours.
3. * Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite or may be taken concurrently.
4. // This course offers an opportunity for experiential learning.
4. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of thirteen or more credit hours.
Established January 2012
Revised January 2016
Effective May 2016