Associate of Applied Business
Curriculum Code 6649
This program prepares students to design, install, configure, test, and support business networks. Primary focus will be on network servers, network operating systems, network services, client workstations in an integrated and converged services environment. Students will learn a strong set of technical skills coupled with business and communication skills so they can understand the needs of a business and apply their IT skills to give a business a competitive IT advantage. Attention is given to designing networks, whose components function seamlessly together and where the infrastructure is transparent, secure, and integrated into the organization so that the network enables the sharing of information, ideas, and resources between clusters of people. Additionally, students have the opportunity to take a wide range of IT courses providing more background in security, infrastructure, programming, and web design. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership.
For more information about this degree, please contact Don Huffman at 440-366-7397 or email@example.com.
|Fall Semester (First Year)|
|CISS 121||Microcomputer Applications I||3|
|CISS 125||Operating System Interfaces *||3|
|CMMC 151||Oral Communications||3|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|MTHM 151||College Mathematics > OR||3|
|MTHM 158||Quantitative Mathematics OR||3|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||
|Spring Semester (First Year)|
|BADM 155||Introduction to Business Administration OR||3|
|BADM 171||Introduction to E-Commerce|
|CISS 143||Database Design and Implementation >||3|
|CISS 145||Local Area Networks >||4|
|CMNW 141||Computer Diagnostic and Repair||3|
|Science Elective with Lab||4|
|Fall Semester (Second Year)|
|ACTG 151||Accounting I – Financial||4|
|CISS 160||Introduction to Programming in C# >||4|
|CISS 245||Network Integration and Management >||4|
|CISS Elective >**||3|
|Spring Semester (Second Year)|
|ACTG 152||Accounting II – Managerial > OR||4|
|MKRG 245||Social Media Marketing||3|
|CISS 227||Intranet/Internet Networking >||4|
|CISS 247||Systems Development >||3|
|PSYH 151||Introduction to Psychology OR||3|
|SOCY 151||Introduction to Sociology||3|
Total Credit Hours: 61/62
1. > Indicates that this course has a prerequisite.
2. OR Indicates that a student may select either course, which may have an effect on the total credit hours.
3. * Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite or may be taken concurrently.
4. ** Electives: CISS 161, 162, 163, 164 or CISS 287, 288, 289 for the equivalent number of credit hours to meet the technical elective credit hour requirement. Students intending to transfer should consult with the intended transfer institutin, the Business Division, or an LCCC counselor or advisor for transfer information.
5. Before taking any electives, MTHM and/or MKRG classes please refer to the University of Akron UP CIS Curriculum guide to ensure you take the correct classes towards the CIS Bachelor degree.
6. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established September 1965
Revised January 2016
Effective May 2016