Associate of Applied Business
Curriculum Code 6618
The software development major prepares students for programming on computer platforms from microcomputers to mainframes. Students will learn to design and develop software using the procedural and object-oriented languages most commonly used in business. Additional topics covered include database design and development and an introduction to networking. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership.
For more information about this degree, please contact Mark Harms at 440-366-7023 or email@example.com.
|Fall Semester (First Year)|
|CISS 121||Microcomputer Applications I||3|
|CISS 125||Operating System Interfaces *||3|
|CMMC 151||Oral Communications||3|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|MTHM 151||College Mathematics OR||3|
|MTHM 158||Quantitative Reasoning|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||1|
|Spring Semester (First Year)|
|CISS 160||Introduction to Programming in C# >||4|
|CISS 145||Local Area Networks >||4|
|CISS 216||Web Development >||3|
|Science Elective (with lab)||4|
|Fall Semester (Second Year)|
|ACTG 151||Accounting I – Financial||4|
|BADM 155||Introduction to Business Administration OR||3|
|BADM 171||Introduction to E-Commerce|
|CISS 143||Database Design and Implementation >||3|
|CISS 222||Advanced Programming in C# >||3|
|PSYH 151||Introduction to Psychology OR||3|
|SOCY 151||Introduction to Sociology|
|Spring Semester (Second Year)|
|ACTG 152||Accounting II – Managerial >||4|
|CISS 226||Introduction to Programming in Java >||3|
|CISS 243||Web Database Integration >||4|
|CISS 247||Systems Development >||3|
|CISS Elective **||1|
Total Credit Hours: 62
1. > Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
2. OR Indicates that a student may select either course which may have an effect on the total credit hours.
3. * Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite or may be taken concurrently.
4. ** Electives: CISS 268 or CISS 287, 288, 289 for the equivalent number of credit hours to meet the technical elective credit hour requirement. Students intending to transfer should consult with the intended transfer institution, the Engineering, Business and Information Technologies division or an LCCC counselor or advisory for transfer information.
5. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of thirteen or more credit hours.
Established September 1965
Revised January 2016
Effective May 2016