Associate of Applied Science
Curriculum Code 6171
The Construction Management Major is designed to provide students with the knowledge, cognitive skills and hands-on skills necessary for the competent performance in an entry-level construction management position. Employment opportunities exist in a variety of residential and commercial construction companies. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership.
For more information about this degree, please contact Glenn Vasiloff at 440-366-7009 or email@example.com.
|Fall Semester (First Year)|
|CNST 121||Construction Document Reading||3|
|CNST 122||Introduction to Carpentry||4|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|MTHM 121||Technical Mathematics I >||4|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||1|
|TECN 111||Technical Problem Solving||3|
Spring Semester (First Year)
|ACTG 151||Accounting I – Financial||4|
|CADD 111||Introduction to Computer Aided Drafting *||2|
|CNST 120||Introduction to HVAC||2|
|ENGL 164||College Composition II with Technical Topics >||3|
|MTHM 122||Technical Mathematics II >||3|
|Fall Semester (Second Year)|
|CADD 215||Architectural Drafting using CAD >||3|
|BADM 251||Principles of Management||3|
|CNST 124||Introduction to Plumbing||2|
|CNST 201||Surveying >||3|
|CNST 205||Construction Estimating >||3|
|CNST 210||Safety in Construction >||2|
|Spring Semester (Second Year)|
|ARTS 254||History of American Architecture||3|
|CNST 123||Introduction to Electrical Wiring||2|
|PHYC 150||General Physics >||4|
|Construction Elective ~||2|
|Social Sciences Elective ^^||3|
|Total Credit Hours: 62|
1. > Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
2. * Indicates that this course has a prerequisite or may be taken concurrently.
3. ^^ Course selected from the following list: HSTR 151, 152, 161, 162, 171, 252, 267; PLSC 156; PSYH 151, SOCY 151.
4. ~ Indicates that a student may substitute Work-Based Learning (CNST 287, 288, and/or 289) for one or more credit hours for this elective. Please make an appointment with your counselor for assistance.
5. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established January 2011
Revised April 2015
Effective May 2016