Associate of Applied Science
Curriculum Code 2402
Diagnostic Medical Sonography is an imaging process used to assist physicians in gathering sonographic data necessary to reach diagnostic decisions. Sonographers are highly skilled professionals qualified by technological education to provide patient services using diagnostic ultrasound under the supervision of a physician. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership.
For more information about this degree, please contact Craig Peneff at 440-366-7189 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE A PROGRAM APPLICATION CAN
|ALHN 107||Career Explorations in Diagnostic Medical Sonography **>||1|
|ALHN 112||Introduction to Medical Terminology**||1|
|ALHN 113||Introduction to Patient Care**$||1|
|BIOG 121||Anatomy and Physiology I **||4|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|PHYC 115||Physics for the Allied Health Sciences >**||4|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||1|
|Fall Semester (First Year)|
|PEFT 151||Lifetime Fitness||1|
|SONO 111||Orientation to Diagnostic Medical Sonography #>**||1|
|Spring Semester (First Year)|
|BIOG 122||Anatomy and Physiology II >**||4|
|BIOG 123||Cross-Sectional Anatomy >**||2|
|SONO 131||Introduction to Diagnostic Medical Sonography >**||7|
|SONO 221||Ultrasound Physics and Instrumentation I >**||2|
|Summer Semester (First Year)|
|SONO 122||Imaging Modalities ##>**||1|
|SONO 215||Diagnostic Medical Sonography I >** //||7|
|Fall Semester (Second Year)|
|ALHN 121||General Pathology >**||2|
|SONO 222||Ultrasound Physics and Instrumentation II >**||2|
|SONO 223||Diagnostic Medical Sonography II >** //||8|
|Spring Semester (Second Year)|
|PSYH 151||Introduction to Psychology OR||3|
|SOCY 151||Introduction to Sociology|
|SONO 224||Advanced Diagnostic Medical Sonography Studies >** //||6|
|SONO 229||Professional Issues in Diagnostic Medical Sonography >**||1|
|Total Credit Hours: 65
1. All courses listed prior to the first year Fall semester must be completed prior to admission to the Sonography program.
2. > Indicates that this course has a prerequisite
3. ** Indicates that a grade of “C” (2.0) or better must be earned in order to continue in the sequence.
4. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required in college-level coursework for admission into the program.
5. $ Indicates that credit is waived for ALHN 113 if one has STNA certificate/license.
6. # Indicates one must have admission into the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program.
7. // This course offers an opportunity for experiential learning.
8. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
9.## Indicates course is not required if one has ARRT Certification.
Established June 1993
Revised January 2016
Effective May 2016