Associate of Applied Science
Curriculum Code 5159
An Early Childhood Education graduate could expect to find career opportunities in the following environments: Pre-Kindergarten Program, Head Start, Parent Cooperative, Public or Private Nursery School, Exceptional Child Programs, In-Home Child Care Aide, and Service Agencies/Referral Program. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership.
For more information about this degree, please contact Kathleen Head at 440-366-7167 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|ECED 111||Introduction to Early Childhood Education||3|
|ECED 164||Child Guidance and Classroom Management *||3|
|ECED 171||Health, Safety and Nutrition*||2|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|PSYH 151||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||
|ECED 162||Emerging Literacy & Language Development >||3|
|ECED 253||Introduction to Child Development >||3|
|EDCT 181||Introduction to The Education Profession >||3|
|EDCT 264||Education Technology||3|
|ENGL 162||College Composition II >||3|
|MTHM 161||Mathematics for Elementary Teachers||3|
Total Credit Hours: 61
1. > Indicates that this course has a prerequisite.
2. * Indicates that this course has a prerequisite or may be taken concurrently.
3. *** Arts and Humanities: Choose from any Arts and Humanities course from the State Transfer Module.
4. Before taking EDCT 111 or any course requiring EDCT 111 as a prerequisite, a high school diploma or GED is required.
5. Compass, current physical and background check required.
6. A grade of “B” or better is required in ECED Student Teaching Seminar I and II.
7. Requirement for ODOE Pre-Kindergarten Associate Certificate includes completion of all required ECED, EDCT and ENGL courses with at least a “C” in each course and an overall GPA of 2.5 in these courses.
8. Upon the completion of all LCCC AAS Degree requirements for graduation and the satisfactory completion of all ECED Pre-K Associate Certificate Program requirements, the Division of SS/HS Coordinator of ECED may recommend to the ODOE, Division of Teacher Education & Certification for the Pre-Kindergarten Associate Certificate.
9. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established September 1990
Revised September 2014
Effective August 2015