Short-Term Technical Certificate
Curriculum Code 5002
The Administration Concentration has been designed to meet the needs of Center Administrators or those persons interested in the administration of child care centers. These courses were designed to provide basic information relative to developmental characteristics, curriculum organization, classroom programming, administrative aspects, crisis intervention, and group management. They also meet the Ohio Department of Human Service licensing requirements to be an administrator in an Early Childhood Center and may be applied toward an Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education. Upon completion of this certificate students can apply for a certificate from the Ohio Childcare Resource and Referral Association (OCRRA). Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership.
For more information about this certificate, please contact Kathleen Head at 440-366-7167 or email@example.com.
|ECED 111||Introduction to Early Childhood Education||3|
|ECED 164||Child Guidance and Classroom Management*||3|
|ECED 171||Health, Safety and Nutrition for ECE *||2|
|ECED 277||Leadership in Administration >||3|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||1|
|BADM 155||Introduction to Business Administration||3|
|ECED 271||Children with Special Needs||3|
|ECED 272||Infant and Toddler Development >||2|
Total Semester Credit Hours 20
- * Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite or can be taken concurrently with ECED 111.
- > Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
- Students must do the following to be eligible for the ECE Short Term Technical Certificate:
a) Compass Test;
b) Maintain an overall GPA of 2.5 in ECE courses
The following forms are required:
a) Completed physical with TB Test;
b) Three letters of reference;
c) Signed Non-Conviction Statement and completed BCI/FBI;
d) Signed Confidentiality and Liability Statement.
- Completion of Academic Foundation courses as recommended by the results of the Compass Test.
- Fifty percent of coursework must be completed at LCCC to receive this certificate.
- ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established January 2009
Revised November 2015
Effective August 2016