Associate of Applied Science
A Police Science graduate could expect to seek and gain employment in either public or private agencies and organizations requiring employment of those with law enforcement, investigative and related backgrounds. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership.
For more information about this degree, please contact Jim McManus at 440-366-7164 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Fall Semester (First Year)|
|CRMJ 110||Introduction to Criminal Justice||3|
|CRMJ 117||Criminal Law||3|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|MTHM 158||Quantitative Reasoning OR||3|
|PLSC 156||American National Government||3|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||1|
|Spring Semester (First Year)|
|CRMJ 135||Community Relations in Criminal Justice||2|
|CRMJ 146||Criminal Justice Investigation||3|
|ENGL 162||College Composition II >||3|
|PEDF 152||Personal Self Defense||1|
|PSYH 151||Introduction to Psychology OR||3|
|SOCY 151||Introduction to Sociology|
|Technical Elective *||3|
|Fall Semester (Second Year)|
|CMMC 151||Oral Communications||3|
|CRMJ 226||Juvenile Delinquency >||3|
|HLED 153||First Aid and Safety||2|
|Science Elective (with Lab)**||3/4|
|Spring Semester (Second Year)|
|CRMJ 231||Introduction to Police Operations||3|
|CRMJ 232||Police Supervision||3|
|CRMJ 225||Traffic Accident Investigation||3|
|PEFT 175||Walk, Jog or Run||1|
|Technical Elective *||2|
|Total Credit Hours: 61/62|
1. > Indicates that this course has a prerequisite.
2. OR Indicates that a student may select either course which may have an effect on the total credit hours.
3. * Technical Electives: CRMJ 147; HMSR 141, 161, 211, 212; PBAD 151; PLSC 151, 155; SOCY 255, 256, 275; URBS 151, 152
4. ** Select courses from the General Education/ Transfer Module. (See current LCCC Catalog)
5. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established September 1967
Revised January 2016
Effective May 2016