Associate of Applied Science
Curriculum Code 6212
The Mechanical Design Major is designed to provide students with the knowledge and cognitive skills necessary for the competent performance as an entry-level mechanical drafter/designer or CAD operator. Employment opportunities exist in a variety of manufacturing companies such as automotive, steel, plastics and others. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by LCCC’s University Partnership.
For more information about this degree, please contact Glenn Vasiloff at 440-366-7009 or email@example.com.
|Fall Semester (First Year)|
|CADD 111||Introduction to Computer Aided Drafting *||2|
|MTHM 121||Technical Mathematics I >||4|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||1|
|TECN 111||Technical Problem Solving||3|
|TECN 115||Industrial Blueprint Reading||2|
|TECN 131||Manufacturing Processes I *||3|
|Spring Semester (First Year)|
|CADD 235||Detailing and Dimensioning >||3|
|CAMM 111||Introduction to Computer Numerical Control OR >||2|
|ELCT 111||Electrical Circuits I||3|
|EMCH 111||Statics for Technology >||3|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|MTHM 122||Technical Mathematics II >||3|
|TECN 132||Manufacturing Processes II >||3|
|Fall Semester (Second Year)|
|EMCH 211||Strength of Materials >||4|
|ENGL 164||College Composition II with Technical Topics >||3|
|PHYC 150||General Physics I >||4|
|QLTY 121||Quality Assurance Techniques (SPC) *** OR||2|
|TECN 121||Fluid Power * ^^||3|
|Spring Semester (Second Year)|
|CADD 201||3D Computer Drafting OR >||3|
|CADD 212||Introduction to Pro/Engineer Modeling OR >|
|CADD 213||Introduction to SolidWorks OR >|
|CADD 214||Introduction to Inventor >|
|EMCH 221||Machine Design >||3|
|TECN 245||Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing >||2|
|Arts and Humanities Elective **|
|Social Sciences Elective***||3|
|Total Credit Hours: 60/61|
1. > Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
2. OR Indicates that a student may select either course, which may have an effect on the total credit hours.
3. * Indicates that this course has a prerequisite or may be taken concurrently.
4. ** Courses selected from the following list: ARTS 243, 244, 245, 246, 254; ENGL 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 257, 259, 261, 262, 265, 266, 269; HUMS 151, 161, 261, 262, 265, 266, 269; MUSC 262; PHLY 165, 262; RELG 181, 261, 262; THTR 151.
5. *** Course selected from the following list: HSTR 151, 152, 161, 162, 171, 252, 267; PLSC 156, PSYH 131; SOCY 151.
6. ^^ Indicates that a student may substitute Work-Based Learning (CADD 287, 288, and/or 289) for the equivalent number of credit hours for this course.
7. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established October 1990
Revised April 2015
Effective May 2016