Professional Nanny Academy
Short Term Technical Certificate – Curriculum Code 5173
The LCCC Professional Nanny Academy Short Term Technical certificate is a 16 week program that recognizes the student who has successfully completed the core early childhood education courses as well as the Professional Nanny course. These courses will provide the student with the knowledge and skills necessary to be a professional childcare specialist whose workplace is a private family home. Students who successfully complete this certificate can transfer to the Associate of Applied Science degree in Early Childhood Education that has articulation agreements with a variety of colleges and universities.
For more information about this certificate, please contact Kathleen Head at 440-366-7167 firstname.lastname@example.org.
|ECED 111||Introduction to Early Childhood Education||3|
|ECED 160||The Professional Nanny>||3|
|ECED 162||Emerging Literacy & Language Development >||3|
|ECED 171||Health, Safety and Nutrition *||2|
|^SDEV 101||College 101||1|
|ECED 255||Creative Development for the Young Child||4|
|ECED 272||Infant Toddler Development >||2|
|HLED 154||Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation CPR||1|
|PSYH 151||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|Total Credit Hours: 22|
1. * Indicates that this course has a prerequisite or can be taken concurrently with ECED 111.
2. > Indicates that this course has a prerequisite.
3. Students must complete an application and have an interview with the ECE coordinator and/or ECE faculty one semester prior to admission.
4. Students must wear ascribed attire while attending classes.
5. To be accepted into this academy students must have the following:
a) High school diploma with at least a 2.5 g.p.a.
b) 18 years of age or older
c) Good driver record
d) BCI and FBI check (No felony or misdemeanors)
e) Physical with a TB test
f) Liability insurance (can be obtained through LCCC).
6. Must complete at least 10 credit hours, at LCCC in order to earn Nanny Academy Certificate.
7. ^ A student must register for the orientation curse when enrolling for more than six credit hours persemester OR any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established April 2012
Revised January 2014
Effective August 2014