One-Year Technical Certificate
Curriculum Code 6007
The Quality Technician Certificate Program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and cognitive skills required to work as quality technicians or improvement personnel in business and industry. They may assist quality engineers and managers in basic metrology and statistical process control charting. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by LCCC’s University Partnership.
|MTHM 168||Statistics >||3|
|QLTY 111||Quality Measurements – Metrology *||3|
|QLTY 122||Basic Quality Tools Applications //||3|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||1|
|TECN 111||Technical Problem Solving||3|
|TECN 115||Industrial Blueprint Reading||2|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|QLTY 221||Quality Management Principles and Practices>||3|
|QLTY 294||Lean Six Sigma for Process Improvement >||4|
|TECN 245||Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing >||2|
|Arts and Humanities Elective ** OR||3|
|Social Science Elective***|
|Total Credit Hours: 30|
1. > Indicates that this course has a prerequisite.
2. OR Indicates that a student may select either course, which may have an effect on the total credit hours.
3. * Indicates that this course has a prerequisite or may be taken concurrently.
4. ** Courses selected from the following list: ARTS 243, 244, 245, 246, 254; ENGL 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 257, 259, 261, 262, 265, 266, 269; HUMS 151, 161, 261, 262, 271, 274; MUSC 262; PHLY 165, 262; RELG 181, 261, 262; THTR 151.
5. *** Course selected from the following list: PSYH 151; SOCY 151.
6. // This course offers an opportunity for experiential learning.
6. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established May 1986
Revised March 2016
Effective May 2016