Associate of Applied Science
Curriculum Code 2048
Students who graduate from the Radiologic Technology program at Cleveland Clinic/LCCC will be eligible to take a national registry examination administered by the ARRT. Graduates will have learned the skills necessary to be employed in a diagnostic radiology center. Graduates of this program are also prepared for continuing specialized education in other areas of diagnostic imaging. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership.
Career information for this program
For more information about this degree, please contact Jeffrey Walmsley at 440-366-7197 or email@example.com.
|ALHN 110||Medical Terminology **||3|
|BIOG 121||Anatomy and Physiology I >**||4|
|BIOG 122||Anatomy and Physiology II >**||4|
|BIOG 123||Cross-Sectional Anatomy >**||2|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||
|ENGL 162||College Composition II >||3|
|MTHM 121||Technical Mathematics OR >**||4|
|MTHM 151||Introduction to College Mathematics >** ##||3|
|SDEV 101||College 101||1|
|SOCY 151||Introduction to Sociology||3|
Total LCCC Semester Credit Hours 26
|RTCC 101||Patient Care in Radiography **||3|
|RTCC 102||Radiographic Technique I **||3|
|RTCC 103||Radiographic Positioning and Procedures I **||4|
|RTCC 104||Principles of Radiation Physics **||3|
|RTCC 105||Radiographic Technique II **||2|
|RTCC 106||Radiographic Positioning and Procedures II **||4|
|RTCC 107||Healthcare Ethics and Law **||2|
|RTCC 108||Advanced Radiographic Procedures **||2|
|RTCC 109||Special Procedures in Radiologic Technology **||2|
|RTCC 201||Radiographic Pathology **||2|
|RTCC 202||Radiation Biology and Protection **||2|
|RTCC 203||Radiographic Analysis **||2|
|Clinical through Cleveland Clinic ***||7|
|Courses Taken through the Euclid Hospital/
Cleveland Clinic School of Diagnostic Radiology *
Total Associate Degree Semester Credit Hours: 64
1. CPR (Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers) certification is required prior to entrance into the program.
2. OR Indicates that a student may select either course which may have an effect on the total credit hours.
3. > Indicates this course has a prerequisite.
4. * Upon successful completion of course work and clinical practice at the Cleveland Clinic, 38 credit hours will be awarded by Lorain County Community College to complete the AAS degree. The Cleveland Clinic program requires application and acceptance independent of LCCC. Student must meet the Cleveland Clinic School of Diagnostic Imaging admissions requirements to complete this degree.
5. ** Indicates that a grade of “C” (2.00) or better must be earned in order to continue in the sequence.
6. ## If students intend to transfer to a 4-year College or University, they should consider taking MTHM 151.
7. *** Clinical hours during the Cleveland Clinic program vary during semesters – refer to Cleveland Clinic for this information.
8. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of thirteen or more credit hours.
Established June 2011
Revised January 2016
Effective August 2016