Associate of Applied Science
Curriculum Code 3002
The Sports and Fitness Management program offers career opportunities in private and public fitness centers; entry level management positions in the health, fitness or rehabilitation centers, recreation facilities, and retail sales. Graduates of the program may transfer to a four-year institution to continue their studies in Sports and Fitness Management or other fitness related fields.
For more information about this degree, please contact Lisa Augustine at 440-366-7352 or email@example.com.
|Fall Semester (First Year)|
|BIOG 121||Anatomy and Physiology I||4|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|HLED 151||Personal Health OR||2|
|HLED 152||Community Health OR|
|HLED 156||Health and Wellness|
|HPED 165||Introduction to Exercise Science||3|
|HPED 173||Biomechanics of Resistance Training||3|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||1|
|Spring Semester (First Year)|
|BIOG 122||Anatomy and Physiology II >*||4|
|CMMC 151||Oral Communications||3|
|ENGL 162||College Composition II >||3|
|HPED 261||Exercise Physiology Foundations*||3|
|MTHM 151||College Mathematics OR||3|
|MTHM 158||Quantitative Reasoning|
|Fall Semester (Second Year)|
|HPED 151||PE for the School Age Child||3|
|HLED 153||First Aid and Safety||2|
|HPED 272||Exercise Physiology II >||3|
|HPED 275||Kinesiology >||3|
|PEWL 151||Stress Management||1|
|PEFT/PEWL Elective #||1|
|Humanities Elective ***||3|
|Spring Semester (Second Year)|
|BIOG 153||Basic Human Nutrition||3|
|HPED 172||Exercise Management for Special Populations||2|
|HPED 285||Practicum and Seminar –
Sports and Fitness Professional >
|PEFT 185||Ropes Course||1|
|PEFT/PEWL Elective #||1|
|PSYH 151||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|SOCY 151||Introduction to Sociology***||3|
|Total Credit Hours: 62|
1. > Indicates that this course has a prerequisite.
2. OR Indicates that a student may select either course, which may have an effect on the total credit hours.
3. * Indicates that this course has a prerequisite or may be taken concurrently.
4. ** Recommended Course selection for University Partnership Akron Bachelor of Exercise Science
5. *** Elective selected from the General Education/Transfer Module. Humanities course that fulfills Akron’s Cultural Diversity.
6. #ALHN 110 is recommended for those students transferring to the Akron Partnership.
7 ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established May 2000
Revised February 2016
Effective May 2016