Associate of Applied Science
Curriculum Code 2407
The Surgical Technology program prepares its graduates with a thorough knowledge of all surgical specialties and the role of the surgical technologist in the operating room. Upon completion of the program, graduates are qualified to serve on a surgical team in any hospital or surgery center. Surgical technology students learn all of the surgical specialties through classroom, laboratory and clinical experiences. Students take the national certification exam in the final semester, leading to the certified surgical technologist (CST) credential with successful passing of the exam. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership.
|Preadmission Course – Must be completed before a program application can be submitted|
|ALHN 108||Career Explorations in Surgical Technology||1|
|Fall Semester (First Year)|
|ALHN 112||Introduction to Medical Terminology **||1|
|ALHN 113||Introduction to Patient Care **/****||
|BIOG 121||Anatomy and Physiology I **||4|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||1|
|SRGT 124||Introduction to Surgical Technology I >**||8|
|Spring Semester (First Year)|
|BIOG 122||Anatomy and Physiology II >**||4|
|MTHM 158||Quantitative Reasoning||3|
|SRGT 114||Surgical Technology II – Surgical Procedures >**||8|
|Fall Semester (Second Year)|
|ALHN 121||General Pathology >||2|
|BIOG 251||General Microbiology >**||4|
|ENGL 162||College Composition II >||3|
|SRGT 215||Surgical Technology III – Surgical Procedures >**||8|
|Spring Semester (Second Year)|
|SOCY 151||Introduction to Sociology||
|SRGT 226||Surgical Technology IV >** //||
|Total Credit Hours: 65|
1. American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification is required upon entrance into the program.
2. > Indicates that this course has a prerequisite.
3. ** Indicates that a grade of “C” (2.0) or better must be earned in order to continue in the sequence.
4. **** Students who have STNA status are not required to take ALHN 113.
5. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established May 1986
Revised January 2015
Effective August 2016