Associate of Applied Business
Curriculum Code 0102
As our world expands globally, the tourism industry remains one of the largest industries in the United States. In order to meet the need for trained professionals to work in this exciting and fast-paced field, LCCC offers a two-year Associate in Applied Business degree in Tourism. A concentration in travel or hospitality with emphasis in customer service, marketing, and international diversity will prepare the tourism professional to deal with clients and suppliers. A Tourism cooperative experience will enhance a graduate’s ability to secure employment. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership.
For more information about this degree, please contact Maria McConnell at 440-366-7404 or email@example.com.
|Fall Semester (First Year)|
|CISS 121||Microcomputer Applications I||3|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|GPHY 151||Human Geography||3|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||1|
|TRSM 111||Introduction to Travel and Tourism||3|
|Arts & Humanities Elective**||3/4|
|Spring Semester (First Year)|
|ENGL 162||College Composition II >||3|
|GPHY 152||Geography of the U.S. and Canada||3|
|MTHM 151||College Mathematics OR||3|
|MTHM 158||Quantitative Reasoning|
|TRSM 117||E-Commerce & Tech in the Tourism Industry||
|TRSM 124||Conference and Meeting Management||3|
|TRSM 234||Airline Ticketing Procedures||
|Fall Semester (Second Year)|
|BADM 161||Business Law I OR||3|
|TRSM 143||Hospitality Law||
|HLED 153||First Aid and Safety||
|MKRG 211||Applied Marketing for the Tourism Industry||3|
|TRSM 239||Airline Computers Reservation Systems||
|TRSM 241||World Leisure Destinations||
|TRSM 242||Cruise & Resort Operations||
|Spring Semester (Second Year)|
|MKRG 113||Principles of Salesmanship||3|
|MKRG 221||Consumer Behavior||3|
|MKRG 247||Services Marketing >||
|TRSM 285||Cooperative Education in Tourism I >< OR||2/3|
|TRSM 287||Work Based Learning – Tourism ><|
|Total Credit Hours: 63/66|
1. > Indicates that this course has a prerequisite.
2. OR Indicates that a student may select either course which may have an effect on the total credit hours.
3. * TRSM elective to be selected from TRSM 240, TRSM 244, TRSM 245, TRSM 246.
4. ** Arts and Humanities elective to be selectedfrom any foreign language (strongly recommended); CMMC 151, CMMC 165, CMMC 175, CMMC 177, HUMS 151 or ARTS 151.
5. < Minimum GPA 2.0, minimum GPA in major 2.5 and divisional approval.
6. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of thirteen or more credit hours.
Established September 1985
Revised February 2016
Effective August 2016