One-Year Technical Certificate
Curriculum Code 6008
The Welding Technology Program is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and behaviors necessary for the competent performance as a entry level welding technician. The welding technician is the liaison between the welding engineer and the welder. The program is based on the occupational analyses and needs of the maintenance and fabrication welding industries. Employment opportunities exist in a variety of industries such as steel, construction, fabrication, pipelines, and others. Students who complete the program may choose to take certain welding certification tests. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership.
For more information about this certificate, please contact Larry Waller at 440-366-7030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|AETC 111||Robotics and Automated Manufacturing||3|
|MTHM 121||Technical Mathematics I >||4|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||1|
|TECN 111||Technical Problem Solving||3|
|WTEC 108||Oxy-Fuel Welding and Cutting *||2|
|WTEC 111||Welding Specifications and Print Reading||2|
|WTEC 116||Basic Shielded Metal Arc Welding *||3|
|CADD 111||Introduction to Computer Aided Drafting *||2|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|WTEC 216||Wire Fed Processes >||3|
|WTEC 217||Gas Tungsten Arc Welding >||3|
|Arts and Humanities Elective ** OR||3|
|Social Sciences Elective ***|
|WTEC 112||Welding Codes and Standards >||2|
|Total Credit Hours: 34|
1. > Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
2. OR Indicates that a student may select either course, which may have an effect on the total credit hours.
3. * Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite or may be taken concurrently.
4. ** Courses selected from the following list: ARTS 243, 244, 245, 246, 254; ENGL 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 257, 259, 261, 262, 265, 266, 269; HUMS 151, 161, 261, 262, 271, 274; MUSC 262; PHLY 165, 262; RELG 181, 261, 262; THTR 151.
5. *** Course selected from the following list: HSTR 151, 152, 161, 162, 171, 252, 267; PLSC 156; PSYH 151; SOCY 151.
6. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established April 2010
Revised September 2012
Effective August 2013