Associate of Applied Science
Curriculum Code 6410
The Welding Technology Program is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and behaviors necessary for the competent performance as a welding technician. The welding technician is the liaison between the welding engineer and the welder. The program is based on the occupational analyses and needs of the maintenance and fabrication welding industries. Employment opportunities exist in a variety of industries such as steel, construction, fabrication, pipelines, and others. Students who excel in the program may be qualified to take certain welding certification tests. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by Lorain County Community College’s University Partnership.
For more information about this degree, please contact Duncan Estep at 440-366-7016 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|MTHM 121||Technical Mathematics I >||4|
|SDEV 101||College 101 ^||1|
|TECN 111||Technical Problem Solving||3|
|WTEC 108||Oxy-Fuel Welding and Cutting *||2|
|WTEC 111||Welding Specifications and Print Reading||2|
|WTEC 116||Basic Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) *||3|
|CADD 111||Introduction to Computer Aided Drafting *||2|
|EMCH 112||Engineering Materials||3|
|ELCT 111||Electrical Circuits I||3|
|ENGL 161||College Composition I||3|
|MTHM 122||Technical Mathematics II >||3|
|TECN 131||Manufacturing Processes I *||3|
|WTEC 112||Welding Codes and Standards||2|
|WTEC 212||Welding Fabrication , Layout & Design||4|
|AETC 111||Robotics & Automated Manufacturing||3|
|ENGL 164||College Composition II with Technical Topics >||3|
|PHYC 150||General Physics I >||4|
|Arts and Humanities Elective**||3|
|WTEC 216||Wire Fed Processes >||3|
|WTEC 217||Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) >||3|
|WTEC 218||Advanced Arc Welding ^^>||2|
|WTEC 221||Weld Quality Inspection ^^>||3|
|Social Sciences Elective(s)***||3|
|Total Credit Hours: 65|
1. > Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
2. * Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite or may be taken concurrently.
3. ** Courses selected from the following list: ARTS 243, 244, 245, 246, 254; ENGL 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 257, 259, 261, 262, 265, 266, 269; HUMS 151, 161, 261, 262, 265, 266, 269; MUSC 262; PHLY 165, 262; RELG 181, 261, 262; THTR 151.
4. *** Course selected from the following list: HSTR 151, 152, 161, 162, 171, 252, 267; PLSC 156; PSYH 151; SOCY 151.
5. ^^ Indicates that a student may substitute Work-Based Learning (WTEC 287, 288, and/or 289) for the equivalent number of credit hours for this course.
6. ^ A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Established May 2001
Revised April 2015
Effective May 2016