Visit the LCCC Testing and Assessment Center’s page:
- Getting prepared to take the placement assessment is important for correct placement in your English and Math courses.
- Students who do not prepare often get placed in a course they find “too easy” or “boring”.
- While taking a course that is “too easy” may sound good, it does not serve you well in the long run. You may need to take more Academic Foundation courses than you really need.
How do I prepare to take the Accuplacer Placement Assessment?
Students are encouraged to use the following resources prior to testing. Complete the sample test questions first, and then use review materials listed below.
- Sample Accuplacer Test questions from the test
(Note: the WritePlacer sample questions do not apply to LCCC)
Learn more at: https://secure-media.collegeboard.org/digitalServices/pdf/accuplacer/accuplacer-sample-questions-for-students.pdf
- Use the Web-based Study App from the College Board: https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/students/prepare-for-accuplacer
- The following web sites from other community colleges have excellent test preparation materials:
- Other Sites for Grammar Help