Parents take the Parent Survey
Mr. Newark would like to receive your suggestions and feedback. So please share your thoughts and concerns on the survey.
Welcome to Our New Principal
Join Lorain County Early College High School as we welcome Mr. Shane Newark as our new principal. Mr. Newark comes to ECHS from Elyria High School and brings with him a wealth of knowledge and expertise to usher in a new era at ECHS. As we look forward to the start of the 2018–19 school year, we are happy to have Mr. Newark at the helm. Read his message to you below.
It is a bitter-sweet,“See you around” we send to Mrs. Dianne Quinn who retired at the close of the 2017-18 school year. Mrs. Quinn has embraced retirement to enjoy her family and pursue the life of leisure. We were fortunate to have Mrs. Quinn’s careful direction for several years and we wish her all the best in future pursuits.
2018-19 Bus Information (Updated 8-13-18)
- All buses will depart LCCC by 2:45 p.m. Monday through Friday beginning Mon., Aug 20 – unless otherwise posted.
- Grade 9 students will receive LCCC/ECHS I.D. by Fri., Aug 17 during Freshmen Orientation
- Grade 10 will be granted permission to ride the bus; LCCC Sticker Update for I.D. must be obtained between Aug 20 – 31 grace period
- Grades 11 and 12 will be granted permission to ride the bus; LCCC Sticker Update for I.D. must be obtained on the Kick-Off meeting dates, but no later than end of the grace period Aug 31
- By law, all ECHS students must carry LCCCC/ECHS I.D. with them each day, on their person. No kept in the locker.
- If I.D. is lost or stolen, immediately report to the ECHS office
New Address or Telephone Numbers
PARENTS/GUARDIANS – If you have recently moved or changed your telephone number, please immediately call us at 440-366-7689 to update your family’s information. By law and for your child’s safety, the office MUST have working telephone numbers and a current mailing address on record at all times.
Early College High School is official – on Facebook – that is! Check us out and tell us what you think.
Inclement Weather – When ECHS Closes
SCHOOL CLOSINGS—If Lorain County Community College campus is closed, then ECHS is closed. When Elyria City Schools close, there is no busing available to ECHS students; therefore, school for freshmen and sophomores is canceled. If LCCC is open, juniors and seniors are expected to report to campus and/or follow LCCC’s directives for classes and cancelations. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to provide transportation for the student to and from school. The Early College office is open except when the LCCC campus is closed. Television Channels 3, 5 and 8 will notify local school closings and LCCC closings as well. Parents and students are urged to use caution regarding the attendance policies when contemplating an absence on an inclement weather day. Contact Campus Security at 440-366-4053 or check the LCCC website for more information.