Every five years faculty complete a program review all of the education programs to ensure that candidates are receiving the most current research to prepare them in the education field. Following are the outcomes for the Early Childhood Education program at LCCC:
Teacher Education Candidates will be able to:
- Discuss issues centered on perspectives and principles underlying the Early Childhood Education Program.
- Identify and analyze educational philosophies and psychological perspectives of education.
- Examine best teaching practices in accord with principles of child development.
Use classroom observation and research as sources for assessing the outcomes of teaching and learning.
Plan and implement developmentally appropriate lessons according to the state’s Early learning Content Standards.
Demonstrate professional and ethical behavior in the classroom and in the field.
- Share an appreciation for diversity in home, community, and school environments.
- Accept the multiple responsibilities and commitments involved in facilitating student learning.