Canvas provides web-based resources for all online, blended and web enhanced courses as well as many traditional face-to-face courses.
- Canvas Login: https://lorainccc.instructure.com/login
Log into Canvas from this page with your LCCC campus network login and password.
- Need quick information about Canvas Navigation, Course Syllabus, Assignments and Gradebook?
Check out the Canvas Job Aides
- Canvas 101 (CNVS 101) is a basic, online, self-paced course for instructors to set up the basic functions of a Canvas course such as navigation, syllabus, modules, grade book and calendar. CNVS 101 also contains a module for installation and instructions to use Respondus 4.0 Test Builder and StudyMate Author Learning Activities (i.e. graded Crossword puzzles).
Faculty Self-Enroll Canvas 101:
Follow these easy steps:
- Select this URL: https://lorainccc.instructure.com/enroll/WB8JXE
- Canvas will prompt you to log in.
- On the “Enroll in CNVS 101: Canvas Basics” screen, select the Enroll in Course box.
- The next screen will confirm your enrollment, then select Go to the Course.
Canvas Training for Faculty
|Canvas 1||Learn to navigate Canvas features and functions, and set up Canvas course(s) for use with on-campus, online or blended classes.|
|Respondus||Respondus 4.0 is a Windows application that enhances the functionality and usability of Canvas’ assessment and survey tools.|
|Studymate||Students “master the basics” of course material through learning activities, self- assessments, and games.|
|Easy Gear/Canvas Outcomes
||Take Existing Canvas Assignments and tie to Gen Ed and Infused Outcomes. It’s easy!|
|Canvas 2||Learn how to set up assignments, the gradebook, grading using Speedgrader, and quizzes (assessments). Prerequisite: Canvas 1|
|SoftChalk Basics||SoftChalk allows instructors to create interactive activities that integrate with the Canvas gradebook. In this session, participants will set up their LCCC SoftChalk Cloud account and create a Crossword Puzzle and a Drag-N-Drop activity and link it to Canvas|
|Canvas Brown Bag Lunch Session||Coming this Fall! Canvas will release major updates to Canvas quizzes, gradebook and the student dashboard. Members of the eLearning team will report on InstructureCon 2017 and provide a brief overview of the updates and release timeline. Bring your lunch, laptop and/or mobile device to this lunch and learn session.|
Mobile devices are welcome at all sessions.
Questions? Contact eLearning@LCCC at:
eLearning@lorainccc.edu or 440-366-7582 or contact your Division’s Canvas Faculty Trainer.