Phone: (440) 366-1234
Office: LC 125
- Master of Arts in Communication, Majors: Public Relations, Organizational Communication – Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, 2007
- Master of Science, Organizational Development and Human Resources, Major: Organizational Development – Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan – 2003
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Major: Management; Minor: Japanese – 1998
- Senior Professional in Human Resources – Human Resource Certification Institute Certification awarded 2004
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Publications or Presentations
- “Job Interview Tips and Tricks” delivered at the 4th Annual Eastern Michigan University College of Business Alumni Conference, Ypsilanti, MI September 2016
- “From Effective Follower to Dynamic Leader: Honing your Leadership Skills” delivered at the 2nd Annual Eastern Michigan University College of Business Alumni Conference, Ypsilanti, MI September 2014
- “Establishing Credibility in an Online Classroom” delivered at the 102nd Annual Eastern Communication Association Conference, Arlington, VA, April 2011
Why did you enter the teaching profession?
- To help students be better prepared for jobs and to make a positive impact in the community.
What do you like most about your field?
- You can be a manager in ANY industry!
I love running 5ks and 10ks and only do so for fun. I am not interested in running further because it won’t be fun anymore. I love traveling… some of my favorite places are Santa Rosa, CA, Asheville, NC, Marquette, MI, Traverse City, MI and am very excited to go to Universal Studios in 2018! I love Harry Potter. I love all kinds of music. My favorite band is the Foo Fighters. I live northwest of Detroit, MI and travel 208 miles to Terra and back when I am here.